Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Re: What's going on with Yoda?

Post by Yoda »

I can't even say that it has been a while, it has been way more than any of us anticipated from the beginning.
It's all my fault and I have let you down in different ways, cancer and low on funds, last year my computer decided to check out and my email didn't work and for that reason I haven't been able to login for close to a year.
Now you think: "he could have solved it in some way", the answer is no because medication and stuff forced me to stay at home.
Details? There was a period when I didn't dare to be more than a couple of metres away from the bathroom, I have vomited, shit myself and been bleeding from various cavities in my body because of the treatment.
Welcome to my life.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
SDREW1976
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by SDREW1976 »

Yeah, those who think things are a simple fix don't understand daily life with cancer and/or severe illness.
Like Mike Tyson said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" and that sums up cancer in a nut shell. I've seen it first hand and simple tasks people don't even think about are like running a marathon. Happy to hear you are feeling well enough to be up and be functional mate! Ignore the folks who place any blame, they won't understand until they live it or someone close to them lives it.
“Shit. If this is gonna be that kind of party, I’m gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.”
-Mantan Moreland
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

I am not angry, possibly a wee disappointed and I have myself to blame for this mess, but at least I know those who are for me and those who are not and when I have cleaned up my mess I will have to consider how to go on from here - it doesn't look good as it is.....
I wonder if it is worth the trouble....
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

It is not impossible that I will leave you after this, we will discuss this in the moderator section.

I feel too much negative stuff coming my way and as a moderator it perhaps is not appropriate.

More to come, no Hamilton movements will be shipped and funds will be refunded.
SDREW1976
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by SDREW1976 »

Yoda wrote: August 26th, 2024, 5:17 pm It is not impossible that I will leave you after this, we will discuss this in the moderator section.

I feel too much negative stuff coming my way and as a moderator it perhaps is not appropriate.

More to come, no Hamilton movements will be shipped and funds will be refunded.

What's important is that you focus on your health and happiness. I appreciate people care about their stuff and waiting is hard, but honestly my local Rolex service center is at 10+ months for Regular service work and so anyone looking to you for custom work, knowing your health challenges and being frustrated because they are not getting their expectations met should take a moment to think on this. Considering your situation you're actually doing great!

My father is 74 and owns several businesses, multiple large commercial properties and two homes . He was very successful and a multi millionaire, but 20yrs of health issues and opioids to manage pain related to his health conditions have taken a toll, reduced his wealth and put him into a hole he isn't capable of getting out of without help. He always means well and wants/plans to do his best, but then life kicks him again and he falls apart. I've been gently pushing for him to start selling property, belongings and to step back his personal expectations of himself because he just can't get things done through no fault of his own. He doesn't have to stop being creative or working, but it's time to think about what he can manage, do things on a smaller scale and only deal with those who prioritize his health over their needs. Life is really short and nobody should be dealing with additional drama outside of their daily life challenges later in life/while in poor health.

It's time for good food, great booze, good company, not managing clients expectations mate! Surround yourself with love and happiness, bring only joyful things into your life.
“Shit. If this is gonna be that kind of party, I’m gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.”
-Mantan Moreland
Elias Livadaris
Sponsor
Sponsor

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

HF veteran

Skillful builder

Good neighbour

Post by Elias Livadaris »

I am so blessed that I hear from you Michael. I was worried when I got no answers from you after I emailed you.

For sure life is not treating you well.... Keep strong my friend and keep fight this damn illness... I know is unfair but please keep strong!!
Last edited by Elias Livadaris on August 26th, 2024, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wins only the one who dares to try!
NortON
Watch Savant
Watch Savant

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Post by NortON »

Michael, it's very good to see you
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

Starting this week, shipping one parcel a week to countries within the EU and then we will have to sort the outside EU issue.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

RideInStyle wrote: August 17th, 2024, 4:30 pm Any news about Yoda?

Any update regarding the work he promised to do for the members?

I have my 6152/1 grail build from NW with a R618 incablok movement, a Pam 979 and C616 movement (total worth 5.000 USD) sitting in his workshop since 3 years without having heard anything from Michael.

Any advice how to handle this situation?
Did I ask for this being shipped to me? As far as I remember it was sent to me by one of our seasoned builders and something was/went wrong in the shipping/building process.