5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Italiano addict

What's going on with Yoda?

Post by RideInStyle »

Any news about Yoda?

Any update regarding the work he promised to do for the members?

I have my 6152/1 grail build from NW with a R618 incablok movement, a Pam 979 and C616 movement (total worth 5.000 USD) sitting in his workshop since 3 years without having heard anything from Michael.

Any advice how to handle this situation?
Jaroslav
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Re: What's going on with Yoda?

Post by Jaroslav »

My Angelus is more then 2 years by Michael. He has been silent for a year. Watch case, dial an other parts are waiting the same time for the marriage in the drawer.
I wish the Michael all the best and hope at least hear about him.
SDREW1976
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by SDREW1976 »

He is kind and doesn't want to say no to people. The man has a terminal illness and logic would dictate there is high risk for delayed work and never seeing your stuff again by sending it to him. If nobody has heard from him it might be worth doing obituary search in his area. I'm 48 and just visited where I grew up for a friends wedding, four of my friends have died and one friend nobody has heard back from in 4 yrs and so we suspect he has passed away.
“Shit. If this is gonna be that kind of party, I’m gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.”
-Mantan Moreland
Denis
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Frequent Flyer

Post by Denis »

I lost my wife six months ago.. Until the last moment, we never even thought of admitting defeat.. All people who go through a battle with cancer are fighters! Michael is a great man and fighter! He is still fighting!
RideInStyle
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Post by RideInStyle »

I know Michael since years and considering him as a friend, but it is not OK to cut all online contact possibilities and leaving members alone without giving any update when the promised work will be done.

If he's feeling not fit enough to perform the work, which would be fine, considering his state of health, at least I would expect him to contact his customers and let them know about his situation. I'm sure we all would understand this.

It's nothing wrong about telling us that he can't do the promised work anymore. But ghosting his customers is not right.
I also would expect, that he'll offer to ship back all the work sent to him.
mountaineer
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by mountaineer »

I agree with all comments above.

I have lost a family member to terminal illness and understand life/family is everyone’s priority. All else is trivial. M might not even have the physical or mental strength to be able to effectively communicate to us. Let alone ship or complete projects.

For selfish reasons, it would be great to have some level of contact. (He might have even passed away.) Have a process to get our parts/watches shipped back.

In a strange way it makes me feel better I am not the only member in this position. Maybe this gives a higher chance of a resolution in the future.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

I will return all work starting this September and as long as you are within EU, the rest will have to be sorted via a hub here in Europe. Refunds if needed.
Please do stay tuned.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Fizzzz
Mad scientist
Mad scientist

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by Fizzzz »

Yoda wrote: August 24th, 2024, 5:07 pm I will return all work starting this September as long as you are within EU, the rest will have to be sorted via a hub here in Europe. Refunds if needed.
Please do stay tuned.
Hi Michael,
So glad to read you!
We are numerous here to worry about you, silently waiting to read you...
Hang on my friend and please contact us when you feel it.
Last edited by Fizzzz on August 27th, 2024, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronald_t80
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by ronald_t80 »

Great to see M is back....take good care M
wwwEvgeny
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Italiano addict

Oyster eater

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Post by wwwEvgeny »

Dear, @Yoda I'm personally miss your comments in the threads. I do not know what I could help. Please feel free to ask me, will try to do my best to assist... wish you stability and all the best...