Italiano addict

Oyster eater

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Re: Show us your Lume Shots!

Post by wwwEvgeny »

// ))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hypnogagia
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by Hypnogagia »

You guys do such beautiful work! What do you use for color variations? I’ve got some “vintage” pigment that came in my lume kit, but I’m also experimenting with paprika, saffron, food coloring dye, permanent ink and gold dust. Also, using fluorescent highlighter pens on the white paint undercoat.

The glow in the dark spray paint has gotten much better as well, I made a full lume fume not long ago (completely buggered it up on assembly so I need to redo it).
I keep adding airplane parts to my motorbike but it still doesn’t fly
wwwEvgeny
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Italiano addict

Oyster eater

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Post by wwwEvgeny »

Hypnogagia wrote:You guys do such beautiful work! What do you use for color variations? I’ve got some “vintage” pigment that came in my lume kit, but I’m also experimenting with paprika, saffron, food coloring dye, permanent ink and gold dust. Also, using fluorescent highlighter pens on the white paint undercoat.

The glow in the dark spray paint has gotten much better as well, I made a full lume fume not long ago (completely buggered it up on assembly so I need to redo it).
Amazing ingredients ImageImageImageImage paprika, saffron, food coloring dye, permanent ink and gold dust!!! Image I wish I'd have a bit more free time! need more experiments for vintage lume!

Sent from my SM-S9280 using Tapatalk

Hypnogagia
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by Hypnogagia »

I keep the gold dust (scraped from broken plated case parts) in a tiny specimen jar. Apply lume, and before it dries, stick a flattened peg wood or toothpick into the jar and gently use a an air puffer to blow it onto the lume. Just a little and it gives a hint of vintage coloring that catches the light and sparkles. I need to try it again as the last one I did that turned out well I botched on assembly and need to redo.
I keep adding airplane parts to my motorbike but it still doesn’t fly