Sometimes you don't get what your expecting

General watch-related discussion
DON
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Knife maker

Sometimes you don't get what your expecting

Post by DON »

I liked the Omega/Swatch Speedmaster design when it came out, but even better. I liked the Maurice Lacroix Aikon Tide models.

One thing I didn't like was the crazy price attached to a quartz plastic watch with a simple quartz movement at twice the price of the Omega.

Did a rep search, but I didn't want to buy a rep. due to ethics. During the search. Found a Chinese company with images without the branding. While checking the company. Some had and some didn't. I asked if I could order without the branding and was told yes.

Bought two watches

When they finally showed up. Box had the brand name, bag had it, storage/coffee cup and watch had the name on it (plus back and strap). Name actually imprinted into the dial, so there was no way it could be done without.

Wasn't too happy about it and mentioned it to the rep, but only $80 for all and wasn't going to bother to return (due to cost) or dispute the payment

Not going to wear them, so stuck away.

It just amazes me how a Chinese company can produce and sell for $30 with all the added items and ML is selling for $700

This what I was expecting

Fizzzz
Mad scientist
Mad scientist

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Re: Sometimes you don't get what your expecting

Post by Fizzzz »

Maybe the most amazing is people buying a quartz plastic watch for $700...