Frequent Flyer

Italiano addict

Oyster eater

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Re: Blancpain vintage divers thread : from refs to builds

Post by wwwEvgeny »

unbelievable variety !!! is all proven real? or some of them could be frankens and custom modifications? )) thank you for posting such a great number of pictures. I ordered some books on that topic... recently
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Microbrand guru

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by jrlmsla »

wwwEvgeny wrote:unbelievable variety !!! is all proven real? or some of them could be frankens and custom modifications? )) thank you for posting such a great number of pictures. I ordered some books on that topic... recently
The website was for an article on the Fifty Fathoms and I don’t remember a whole lot about it honestly. But it seemed to be representing them all as legit models.
Really wish I could find the original website.
I’ll keep looking.
My favorite is the one that has the bronze bezel, probably just worn off outer metal but it looks pretty cool to me.
wwwEvgeny
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Italiano addict

Oyster eater

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Post by wwwEvgeny »

jrlmsla wrote: October 10th, 2024, 11:12 pm
wwwEvgeny wrote:unbelievable variety !!! is all proven real? or some of them could be frankens and custom modifications? )) thank you for posting such a great number of pictures. I ordered some books on that topic... recently
The website was for an article on the Fifty Fathoms and I don’t remember a whole lot about it honestly. But it seemed to be representing them all as legit models.
Really wish I could find the original website.
I’ll keep looking.
My favorite is the one that has the bronze bezel, probably just worn off outer metal but it looks pretty cool to me.
yes I like it too. thank you again. I saved all to a separate folder. ordered two different case sets. dial I'm afraid I need to do it myself. ordered also 5 different movements. now only need to finish my 6152 no CG first and finish the gong for my alarm watch. after will try is one. 6152 with a240 also waiting long time 70 percent finished )))