manodeoro
Centurion
Centurion

Frequent Flyer

Re: Interesting Aliexpress finds

Post by manodeoro »

Ciccio wrote:
toofsy wrote:
hako wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 5:56 pm Great!
Let us know how it is.
Yes... I'm curious to see if we can put a 6497 inside, the mouvement holder seems wide...let us know
Sorry took me a bit to check but can say with certainty that a 6497 will not fit in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Ciccio ... could you please confirm the interior diameter of that case ?
I'm thinking about building a mini 6154 with that case (my wrists are 16.5mm only) and I wonder if a 16''' movement could fit in ...
manodeoro
Centurion
Centurion

Frequent Flyer

Post by manodeoro »

papabear244 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 5:08 pm
charmquark wrote:OK this post is changing completely since I can't delete it. The MkXV pilot homage I previously posted was advertised at the "wrong" price.
Here's something else I spotted, has anyone tried getting https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001354469467.html
and also an even lower cost option which obviously has a few rough edges:

Is it just a cartel case?
I would plan on changing the crown, dial, hands and crystal anyway.
There's a similar item with a Seiko logo and NH35 movement from another store.
I tried changing the crown and I must say, it was harder than I expected. I thought I could tap out the tube without removing the bezel and crystal. Ended up breaking the crystal in the process and dislodging there bezel too. After removing bezel and crystal, use a heat gun to melt the glue that’s used to fix the tube.

Hi papabear244 ...
You wrote "after removing bezel" so ...
Could you please tell us which sort of bezel assembly it is ... standard with retaining ring + tension ring + clipped bezel or a cheap paper-clip system ?
And what about the rehaut interior diameter ... 27mm or 28mm ?
Ciccio
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by Ciccio »

manodeoro wrote:
Ciccio wrote:
toofsy wrote:
Yes... I'm curious to see if we can put a 6497 inside, the mouvement holder seems wide...let us know
Sorry took me a bit to check but can say with certainty that a 6497 will not fit in this case.

I'm thinking about building a mini 6154 with that case (my wrists are 16.5mm only) and I wonder if a 16''' movement could fit in ...
Funny you should ask, just finished building something with this case set this morning

Interior movement diameter is 36mm. It comes with a large movement ring for nh35.

papabear244
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by papabear244 »

manodeoro wrote:
Hi papabear244 ...
You wrote "after removing bezel" so ...
Could you please tell us which sort of bezel assembly it is ... standard with retaining ring + tension ring + clipped bezel or a cheap paper-clip system ?
And what about the rehaut interior diameter ... 27mm or 28mm ?
The crystal is mounted on the outside of the rehaut. The outer diameter is 28.2mm. The interior diameter is 27.9mm if you want to know. It’s a simple assembly, with a plastic ring around the crystal and the inner part of the bezel is glued to the case. Don’t know if that’s a retention or a tension ring. There is also a gasket that runs around the bezel for water proofing.

I broke the crystal but the diameter of the original crystal without the ring is 30.4mm. I ordered a replacement from WSO which has the same diameter. I read the Clark T19 was a tad bigger and required a mod on the ring and I didn’t want to bother with that.

manodeoro
Centurion
Centurion

Frequent Flyer

Post by manodeoro »

papabear244 wrote: June 10th, 2021, 11:22 am The crystal is mounted on the outside of the rehaut. The outer diameter is 28.2mm. The interior diameter is 27.9mm if you want to know. It’s a simple assembly, with a plastic ring around the crystal and the inner part of the bezel is glued to the case. Don’t know if that’s a retention or a tension ring. There is also a gasket that runs around the bezel for water proofing.

I broke the crystal but the diameter of the original crystal without the ring is 30.4mm. I ordered a replacement from WSO which has the same diameter. I read the Clark T19 was a tad bigger and required a mod on the ring and I didn’t want to bother with that.

Sounds pretty interesting :thumbup:

I closely looked at the pic you posted and I suppose the metal ring underneath the case is the bezel assembly ... am I right ?
If YES then it could be a standard bezel assembly with :
- retaining ring (comes around the plexi to maintain it on the rehaut)
- bezel ring (clipped to the retaining ring)
- bezel insert (clipped or glued on the bezel ring)
To try to make my question crystal clear I have edited your pic and added a pic of a disassembled standard bezel construction to its right.

If my assumption is correct then it should be possible to disassemble your "bezel" in 4 parts :
- remove the insert from the bezel ring by gently pushing from underneath
- unclip the bezel ring from the retaining ring by firmly pushing from above
- the tension spring, which should stand between the retaining ring and the bezel ring , will be released
To properly reassemble everything and get a good waterprofness :
- put the plexi on the rehaut ... with a gasket if any
- put the bezel gasket in the groove on the case
- press the retaining ring upon the plexi and on the bezel gasket (here we get waterproffness)
- put the tension spring on the retianing ring ... tension spring should smile :) and not frown :(
- clip the bezel ring onto the retaining ring
- clip or glue (with double side tape) the insert on the bezel ring

ebd7cfb6453cfdabf3366b5cd59bcbde.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
manodeoro
Centurion
Centurion

Frequent Flyer

Post by manodeoro »

Ciccio wrote: June 10th, 2021, 8:33 am
manodeoro wrote:
Ciccio wrote: Sorry took me a bit to check but can say with certainty that a 6497 will not fit in this case.

Funny you should ask, just finished building something with this case set this morning

Interior movement diameter is 36mm. It comes with a large movement ring for nh35.

Nice build Ciccio :thumbup: I always love your Regina Marinas :!: :!:

but bad new :(
If only the case was a little more than 36mm I could have tried to fit a Cortebert 622, custom dial and handset and make a "reduced" 6154 for my skinny wrist
toofsy
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

HF veteran

Strap maker

Skillful builder

Post by toofsy »

manodeoro wrote: June 11th, 2021, 3:50 am
papabear244 wrote: June 10th, 2021, 11:22 am The crystal is mounted on the outside of the rehaut. The outer diameter is 28.2mm. The interior diameter is 27.9mm if you want to know. It’s a simple assembly, with a plastic ring around the crystal and the inner part of the bezel is glued to the case. Don’t know if that’s a retention or a tension ring. There is also a gasket that runs around the bezel for water proofing.

I closely looked at the pic you posted and I suppose the metal ring underneath the case is the bezel assembly ... am I right ?
To try to make my question crystal clear I have edited your pic and added a pic of a disassembled standard bezel construction to its right.

If my assumption is correct then it should be possible to disassemble your "bezel" in 4 parts :
- the tension spring, which should stand between the retaining ring and the bezel ring , will be released
- press the retaining ring upon the plexi and on the bezel gasket (here we get waterproffness)
- put the tension spring on the retianing ring ... tension spring should smile :) and not frown :(

Be careful if you order one, their is various assembling, I assume according to the mouvement used. I experiment the nh35 and the bezel assembling is completely different, @manodeoro you already seen it. I don't know if the last batches still all have the same assembling
IconRays - aNYstrap - Ateliers d'Embellie
Ciccio
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by Ciccio »

manodeoro wrote:
Ciccio wrote: June 10th, 2021, 8:33 am
manodeoro wrote:

Nice build Ciccio :thumbup: I always love your Regina Marinas :!: :!:

but bad new :(
If only the case was a little more than 36mm I could have tried to fit a Cortebert 622, custom dial and handset and make a "reduced" 6154 for my skinny wrist
You could always do nh35 build with a faux cp on it so there’s no second sweep

manodeoro
Centurion
Centurion

Frequent Flyer

Post by manodeoro »

Just ordered that one on AE
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... 4c4dbSvlbG

Quite nice flat 4 insert, thick crown guards and lugs so a lot of metal to work on
Plus it's supposed to take a 3135 movement and 27.5mm dial ... we'll see Image

papabear244
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by papabear244 »

manodeoro wrote:

That is correct, the metal ring below is the bezel assembly. I’ve always had trouble with the names of the parts, I’m glad you provided pictures. That said, I did not disassemble the bezel in its entirety. I went as far as removing the insert but then I put it back on because I realized I probably wasn’t going to replace the bezel ring anymore. I was not satisfied with the original bezel ring because the indents (teeth) of the edge were not right, and for some reason that just hits me In the eye. But then I checked the prices for just the ring and noo, i might just get a JK cartel case that comes with a better ring.