5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Mad scientist

Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics

Post by bmsm »

atkin68 wrote:
Mike08 wrote:
earloflondon wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:54 pm I already did itImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-M205F using Tapatalk
Man that looks absolutely great!!!
I also use the sternkreuz hw for the cartel-cases (i use 392)
What is about the crown?
I have a few of these cases also. I do wish the CB was compatible with others so I could get a good display version, but for the money it’s a great base to build an everyday watch.

BTW - Raffles' 8MM crown fits the existing tube on this case...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[mention]atkin68 [/mention] What’s the build in the back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
unreformed66
VIP
VIP

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics

Post by unreformed66 »

Nice. The biggest problem with the ST19 is that for some reason the clicksprings they used were utter garbage and prone to break. I've replaced literally dozens of them. Ah, that fine Chinese metallurgy..... :roll:
mountaineer
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by mountaineer »

[mention]Kp0y[/mention] [mention]earloflondon[/mention] [mention]Emilio[/mention] [mention]Mike08[/mention] [mention]atkin68[/mention]

Thanks for the discussion on this case. I have the polished version collecting dust in my drawer. I have been debating about just selling it. Your comments motivated me to get the project moving.

I have raffles 8mm crown, long forgotten . The crown was one of the reason I was stalled. Was debating about putting monies into the project. Now I put all the parts to good usage.

That is why this place is great!

When your say T25 crystal is a must. I can never find a true "T25". I always use GS high dome acrylic crystals. Are these the same?

Also, what do you use for solid lug bars. I know you can order them from nw. It gets expensive for multiple builds.
Last edited by mountaineer on June 16th, 2021, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mountaineer
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by mountaineer »

unreformed66 wrote: June 16th, 2021, 6:18 pm Nice. The biggest problem with the ST19 is that for some reason the clicksprings they used were utter garbage and prone to break. I've replaced literally dozens of them. Ah, that fine Chinese metallurgy..... :roll:
I like the ST19 because it is a cheap mechanical chrono. However, I have had problems with screws not wanted to unwind. It was almost like they were glued in. Also, the heads are easy to strip.
Mike08
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Big Wrist Man

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Italiano addict

Good neighbour

Post by Mike08 »

mountaineer wrote: June 16th, 2021, 8:03 pm @Kp0y @earloflondon @Emilio @Mike08 @atkin68

Thanks for the discussion on this case. I have the polished version collecting dust in my drawer. I have been debating about just selling it. Your comments motivated me to get the project moving.

I have raffles 8mm crown, long forgotten . The crown was one of the reason I was stalled. Was debating about putting monies into the project. Now I put all the parts to good usage.

When your say T25 crystal is a must. I can never find a true "T25". I always use GS high dome acrylic crystals. Are these the same?

Also, what do you use for solid lug bars. I know you can order them from nw. It gets expensive for multiple builds.
Cool project!
He said t24 (NW has it), i think t25 is for other case - but i'm not sure...
For the budget builds i always use sternkreuz hw like [mention]earloflondon[/mention] , which looks great, i think the difference is that the t24 is solid - i have a solid one now on my 372-project and must say, quality wise its really a differrnt thing... i first thought its sapphire :lol:
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Mini Chat Squatter

I'm hot

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Good neighbour

Post by Emilio »

Mike08 wrote:
mountaineer wrote: June 16th, 2021, 8:03 pm @Kp0y @earloflondon @Emilio @Mike08 @atkin68

Cool project!
He said t24 (NW has it), i think t25 is for other case - but i'm not sure...
For the budget builds i always use sternkreuz hw like [mention]earloflondon[/mention] , which looks great, i think the difference is that the t24 is solid - i have a solid one now on my 372-project and must say, quality wise its really a differrnt thing... i first thought its sapphire Image
No, tropic 24 (T24) is not solid. Rolex made it so it had a tall wall and a great dome.

Usually, replacement plexis on the market have no tall wall, just the dome.

atkin68
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Good neighbour

Post by atkin68 »

I make my own plexis, I turn them on the dremel. It gives me the freedom to experiment and fail on the way to getting what I'm looking for =)

My lug bars I also made. I buy these:

And these:

The hardest part is drilling out the lugs cause the steel is so hard. Lately I use an abrasive rather than a drill bit and that works better.

D
bmsm
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Mad scientist

Post by bmsm »

Natas78
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

HF veteran

Post by Natas78 »

bmsm wrote:Image

Need this! Damn where did you find it and where was it listed?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro
bmsm
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Mad scientist

Post by bmsm »

Natas78 wrote:
bmsm wrote:Image

Need this! Damn where did you find it and where was it listed?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro
eBay. Search for multifix motor or multiflix motor. You have a few there.

I’ve also searched at https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de