Message from Gordon RE: Retirement & Store...

Just joined? Tell us about yourself
NNS
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Message from Gordon RE: Retirement & Store...

Post by NNS »

kilowattore wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:06 am What's lacking is just some enthusiasm and will. We now have some great new parts maker but don't advertise them ever. I'm thinking of the case backs I got from Kp0y or the 036 dial I Belkin12 do: these are high quality parts made with passion and expertise. We need to have rebuild compatibility list with currently available case sets (aliexpress for 6152 and getat or similar for Luminor) and we'll be ready for really great builds. Think about it, if we show interest and buy parts market will follow.
Sorry for the OT
Yeah, there're still some great builders still here. Just that...we're like a small and close community. In my case, after 10 years far away from watch world, I came back to find out that WUS is stopped, and I cannot find any informations on Google :)) Just a coincidence when I try some searching on reddit, the name of kp0y appeared, and I found out this place. So lucky for me!
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

NNS wrote: October 9th, 2021, 6:37 am
kilowattore wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:06 am What's lacking is just some enthusiasm and will. We now have some great new parts maker but don't advertise them ever. I'm thinking of the case backs I got from Kp0y or the 036 dial I Belkin12 do: these are high quality parts made with passion and expertise. We need to have rebuild compatibility list with currently available case sets (aliexpress for 6152 and getat or similar for Luminor) and we'll be ready for really great builds. Think about it, if we show interest and buy parts market will follow.
Sorry for the OT
Yeah, there're still some great builders still here. Just that...we're like a small and close community. In my case, after 10 years far away from watch world, I came back to find out that WUS is stopped, and I cannot find any informations on Google :)) Just a coincidence when I try some searching on reddit, the name of kp0y appeared, and I found out this place. So lucky for me!
Thank you, on behalf of all the HF team. We consider this the main reason for our existence in the Internet.

We tried our best to back all the good pieces of information up so they don't get lost in the wind.
Elias Livadaris
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Elias Livadaris »

I wish all the best to my dear friend Gordon!!! He is one of a kind Gentleman!!!

All the best to his lovely wife for a quick health recovery !!!!!

I admire Gordon, as he always tried to help during my first steps in buckles making.

Last edited by Elias Livadaris on October 9th, 2021, 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wins only the one who dares to try!
NNS
Centurion
Centurion

Post by NNS »

Emilio wrote: October 9th, 2021, 12:17 pm
NNS wrote: October 9th, 2021, 6:37 am
Sorry for the OT
Thank you, on behalf of all the HF team. We consider this the main reason for our existence in the Internet.

We tried our best to back all the good pieces of information up so they don't get lost in the wind.
I should be the one to say thanks to all of you for creating this place, so guys like me have chance to know and also to get many great Pam homages. Before knowing HF, I only wish to have a genuine Panerai, but now, in my opinion, many builds here is far better than the Vendome Panerai :)) I sold my gen 312 and only want to get as much builds as I can :))
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

Many many moons ago Gordon posted some of his angelus builds on Repgeek, I was immediately amazed at those builds. I had never visited other forums, and even less did I know about HF. And because of him, the vintage panerai homage bug got me ...and I came over to HF, which was already a very mature forum. I have communicated with him over the years, bought parts and most recent when he produced his new case sets. His dedication and investment in this hobby has been immeasurable. He is a true gentlemen.
Alpacalypse Now
big eebee
VIP
VIP

Post by big eebee »

big eebee
VIP
VIP

Post by big eebee »

I contacted Gordon
As you know he is closing shop for a while
So I offered, for the community and Gordon, to keep some stock if anyone needs anything.I will not be making a penny on this, I'm good friends with G and I thought I could help out. Prices are as per Gordon's website, and I will make a sales thread later. There isn't that much here and as said all proceeds will go to Gordon
NortON
Watch Savant
Watch Savant

Post by NortON »

big eebee wrote: October 16th, 2021, 2:16 pm Image
wow! nice goodies! I, it's great idea.
WTB Tr0y, Southy, NW 3-piece dial MM, RP
Radiomir
VIP
VIP

Post by Radiomir »

big eebee wrote: October 16th, 2021, 2:21 pm I contacted Gordon
As you know he is closing shop for a while
So I offered, for the community and Gordon, to keep some stock if anyone needs anything.I will not be making a penny on this, I'm good friends with G and I thought I could help out. Prices are as per Gordon's website, and I will make a sales thread later. There isn't that much here and as said all proceeds will go to Gordon
Any cali cases left?
big eebee
VIP
VIP

Post by big eebee »

All gone sorry