Watch Addict
Watch Addict

I'm hot

Knife maker

Animal

Frequent Flyer

Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics

Post by nje2791 »

I have been lucky enough to be able to acquire some parts to put together a special pre-v watch - the legendary 5218-205/A Slytech. Ingredient list includes a Rollie dial and FGD hands, Noob 111J case, DSN PreV fatty CG and PreV double gasket crown, Jakob 205/a caseback, and new Swiss 6497-1 high end elabore movement plus H3 kit (although without the amazing laser etched markings of the authentic movements I’ve seen in some versions on H-F).
My thanks to @Mir36 for giving someone like me the opportunity to be able to build this watch and for @kilowattore for helping someone with (somewhat limited technical skills) to put this together. Anyway on to some photos…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NortON
Watch Savant
Watch Savant

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Post by NortON »

nje2791 wrote: March 13th, 2024, 7:14 am I have been lucky enough to be able to acquire some parts to put together a special pre-v watch - the legendary 5218-205/A Slytech. Ingredient list includes a Rollie dial and FGD hands, Noob 111J case, DSN PreV fatty CG and PreV double gasket crown, Jakob 205/a caseback, and new Swiss 6497-1 high end elabore movement plus H3 kit (although without the amazing laser etched markings of the authentic movements I’ve seen in some versions on H-F).
My thanks to @Mir36 for giving someone like me the opportunity to be able to build this watch and for @kilowattore for helping someone with (somewhat limited technical skills) to put this together. Anyway on to some photos…
Congrats N! Awesome build :clap:
WTB Tr0y, Southy, NW 3-piece dial MM, RP
nje2791
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

I'm hot

Knife maker

Animal

Frequent Flyer

Post by nje2791 »

NortON wrote: March 13th, 2024, 7:54 am
nje2791 wrote: March 13th, 2024, 7:14 am I have been lucky enough to be able to acquire some parts to put together a special pre-v watch - the legendary 5218-205/A Slytech. Ingredient list includes a Rollie dial and FGD hands, Noob 111J case, DSN PreV fatty CG and PreV double gasket crown, Jakob 205/a caseback, and new Swiss 6497-1 high end elabore movement plus H3 kit (although without the amazing laser etched markings of the authentic movements I’ve seen in some versions on H-F).
Congrats N! Awesome build :clap:
Thanks D. :thumbup:
Woundup
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Post by Woundup »

@nje2791

Congrats - that is a very special watch! I'd love to find a Rollie dial for a build.

Enjoy in good health.
pam_azsa
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Frequent Flyer

Italiano addict

Post by pam_azsa »

nje2791 wrote:I have been lucky enough to be able to acquire some parts to put together a special pre-v watch - the legendary 5218-205/A Slytech. Ingredient list includes a Rollie dial and FGD hands, Noob 111J case, DSN PreV fatty CG and PreV double gasket crown, Jakob 205/a caseback, and new Swiss 6497-1 high end elabore movement plus H3 kit (although without the amazing laser etched markings of the authentic movements I’ve seen in some versions on H-F).
My thanks to [mention]Mir36[/mention] for giving someone like me the opportunity to be able to build this watch and for [mention]kilowattore[/mention] for helping someone with (somewhat limited technical skills) to put this together. Anyway on to some photos…
Nice build with great parts! Enjoy wearing it.
wwwEvgeny
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Italiano addict

Oyster eater

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Post by wwwEvgeny »

nje2791 wrote:I have been lucky enough to be able to acquire some parts to put together a special pre-v watch - the legendary 5218-205/A Slytech. Ingredient list includes a Rollie dial and FGD hands, Noob 111J case, DSN PreV fatty CG and PreV double gasket crown, Jakob 205/a caseback, and new Swiss 6497-1 high end elabore movement plus H3 kit (although without the amazing laser etched markings of the authentic movements I’ve seen in some versions on H-F).
My thanks to [mention]Mir36[/mention] for giving someone like me the opportunity to be able to build this watch and for [mention]kilowattore[/mention] for helping someone with (somewhat limited technical skills) to put this together. Anyway on to some photos…
Congratulations, nice build Image Image

Sent from my SM-S9280 using Tapatalk

nje2791
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

I'm hot

Knife maker

Animal

Frequent Flyer

Post by nje2791 »

@Woundup @pam_azsa @wwwEvgeny
Thanks 🙏
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Strap maker

Post by straps68 »

Great build!
sazabi2001
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Frequent Flyer

Post by sazabi2001 »

Just got this, cost me about $30, a little bit expensive for a Russian watch in this condition.

Just thinking what should I do with it.

wwwEvgeny
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Italiano addict

Oyster eater

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Good neighbour

Post by wwwEvgeny »

The most amazing watch box from 1930s I've ever got )))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.