UK armed forces hires Casio as official watch supplier of the British Armed Forces.

Electronic watches, vintage and new.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: UK armed forces hires Casio as official watch supplier of the British Armed Forces.

Post by Emilio »

Alou wrote: March 20th, 2020, 4:51 am I am not into digital since 1985 ,still these if i would get a digital i would get a rugged smartwatch.
I would go for the latest Amazfit GPS watch. You can buy protective cases for it and it's very affordable/complete.
leeyewfei
VIP
VIP

Re: UK armed forces hires Casio as official watch supplier of the British Armed Forces.

Post by leeyewfei »

i bought 2 G shock watches for my son when he enlisted for military service. fit for service and good value for money.
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

I had a Swatch Scuba when i was doing my army service, it handled well parachuting,scuba diving ,rapeling ,etc.
Plexiglass was damaged and plastic case but who cares.
VanSong
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by VanSong »

I'll go for the G shock 5600 series! So tough & affordable. Especially cool when you got so many case types + bracelets varieties to modded at!

Not forgetting we're HF'ER [emoji6]

viewtopic.php?t=3440

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Mellons
Chief bottle washer
Chief bottle washer

Post by Mellons »

Omg I’ve just been exposed to a whole new world of watches...

Mudman looks interesting
"Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black."

http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27
bmsm
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by bmsm »

Didn’t know that Casio was selling watches with price tag of £6.500
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

As far as i appreciate the functions and features of such a watch ,i started with a Casio when i was 10-11 ,i don't want to go back there.
Unless i really needed the features for a specific reason not casual wear.
Wearing a watch with the function of Houston Nasa control only to tell time and perhaps play with the features the very first day you buy it and then forget an never use gain is pointless .
Wearing a watch these days for me is more of a self complementing thing , a little engine in my wrist,otherwise i don't even need a watch i have a phone which is also a powerful computer (8 cores\ 32 16G ram ,512g memory etc) .

A watch is also a little mechanical artform that's why digital watches never really pushed the analog first and then the mechanical ones out of the market,if you take into account a percentage that would buy a mechanical watch (from 1-2 very well known brands )
just for show off,all others buy a mechanical watch for the above reason.
Now if you are in the service ,oh yes Casio is your best Friend!
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

bmsm wrote: March 20th, 2020, 4:57 pm Didn’t know that Casio was selling watches with price tag of £6.500
O yes a traded a Vacheron for a G-schock ! :lol:
jbglock
Centurion
Centurion

Post by jbglock »

Alou wrote:As far as i appreciate the functions and features of such a watch ,i started with a Casio when i was 10-11 ,i don't want to go back there.
Unless i really needed the features for a specific reason not casual wear.
Wearing a watch with the function of Houston Nasa control only to tell time and perhaps play with the features the very first day you buy it and then forget an never use gain is pointless .
Wearing a watch these days for me is more of a self complementing thing , a little engine in my wrist,otherwise i don't even need a watch i have a phone which is also a powerful computer (8 cores\ 32 16G ram ,512g memory etc) .

A watch is also a little mechanical artform that's why digital watches never really pushed the analog first and then the mechanical ones out of the market,if you take into account a percentage that would buy a mechanical watch (from 1-2 very well known brands )
just for show off,all others buy a mechanical watch for the above reason.
Now if you are in the service ,oh yes Casio is your best Friend!
I couldn't agree more. When I had a job where my watch was constantly banging into doors, cars, and people a G Shock was my best friend. When I would have to sit in a car for hours on end at night and not take the chance of any light giving me away a GD-350 (vibration G Shock) was the perfect tool. Now that I no longer have to do things like that I really prefer mechanical watches. A watch is now a pleasure and not a necessity. I do have one quartz I love but it cost me less than $50 new and has a real vintage feel imo because of the acrylic crystal so I just enjoy wearing it. A Timex Mk1 steel.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

Nice watch ,lovely dog !
Try the watch on a brown strap!