Let's do something exciting... Start a HF project?

Just joined? Tell us about yourself

Please select one

Eterna-matic kontiki super idf
7%
Longines hydrographic survey
1%
r0lex deep sea special
9%
Something unique with tritium tubes (and modern stuff)
4%
Longines or Eterna Czech Air Force watch
4%
62mas
1%
Seamaster
9%
Fifty fathoms
19%
"Modern" 3 piece style (like a modern 3646)
16%
Rolex Zerograph
27%

Total votes: 67

Elias Livadaris
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Let's do something exciting... Start a HF project?

Post by Elias Livadaris »

As this project is getting very exciting, I would like to contribute a buckle design I had made, back then for the rolerai's and the rolexes.

This buckle was never made as a real prototype. I have no design software anymore, so I would be happy someone to take this proto buckle and put the HF logo on.

Then, it would be my pleasure, a fellow buckle maker like [mention]straps68[/mention] to scale it and make it for the HF project. If possible, at a price appropriate. I do not want anything, but just a buckle for me. Of course, the buckle can be made to fit the appropriate strap width.

Keep going my brothers,
Elias
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wins only the one who dares to try!
Simonix
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Simonix »

Late to the party, but I am in for some of this!

Love the SeikoEGI idea, and the Zerograph.

A 44mm Mille Metri would be nice as well!
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Simonix wrote:Late to the party, but I am in for some of this!

Love the SeikoEGI idea, and the Zerograph.

A 44mm Mille Metri would be nice as well!
Maybe in future I will provide STL files for a mille metri case.

That will take me some time so that's why I don't want to raise expectations.
Albatross
VIP
VIP

Post by Albatross »

Emilio wrote:
Albatross wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 7:16 pm Wow, what did I miss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are discussing the possibility of getting custom parts ready to be used by just ordering from shapeways.com

In this case, a custom bezel attachment for a regular Seiko so it becomes an Egi-Seiko
Holly molly!!! I just went through some of this thread. This is awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phaedros
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Phaedros »

aris.dayton wrote: February 24th, 2021, 5:42 am is the zerographe winning? :D

I spent the better part of two nights on watching tutorials and came up with this. This whole 3D modeling thing is really quite fun!

Outlines are drawn off a picture of the original in Inkscape and then imported to Fusion360 where the extrusions were made...
„I asked her for gasoline, she gave me water...“

Me, side of the road, pushing my bike.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Phaedros wrote:

I spent the better part of two nights on watching tutorials and came up with this. This whole 3D modeling thing is really quite fun!

Outlines are drawn off a picture of the original in Inkscape and then imported to Fusion360 where the extrusions were made...
Yep, and you can avoid step number 1 and do everything in Fusion 360.

Good job!
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Phaedros wrote:

I forgot to mention that I already own a modern Tudor homage, so I could test the piece.
Phaedros
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Phaedros »

Emilio wrote: February 27th, 2021, 10:35 am
Phaedros wrote:

Yep, and you can avoid step number 1 and do everything in Fusion 360.

Good job!

I know my way around Inkscape pretty well and draw all my vector based stuff there, so I kept Fusion for the technical stuff. Fusionn is so powerful... I found the „repeat on a circle“ and the „cut one shape with the other“ options to be extremely useful.
I‘ll look into tracing bitmaps in Fusion as well... right now my brain hurts :crazy:

On the Tudor replica: if you had access to a lathe to turn down the original bezel to an outside diameter of 38mm and a height of 2,5mm you could use my file instantly. There’s no soldering involved, it is held by set screws. I haven’t included holes for those yet, because I am not entirely sure how many the original had.

Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Phaedros wrote: February 27th, 2021, 12:54 pm
I know my way around Inkscape pretty well and draw all my vector based stuff there, so I kept Fusion for the technical stuff. Fusionn is so powerful... I found the „repeat on a circle“ and the „cut one shape with the other“ options to be extremely useful.
I‘ll look into tracing bitmaps in Fusion as well... right now my brain hurts :crazy:

On the Tudor replica: if you had access to a lathe to turn down the original bezel to an outside diameter of 38mm and a height of 2,5mm you could use my file instantly. There’s no soldering involved, it is held by set screws. I haven’t included holes for those yet, because I am not entirely sure how many the original had.
I think I know someone who can turn it for me. I will contact you in the near future :!:
Phaedros
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Phaedros »

Emilio wrote: February 27th, 2021, 2:24 pm
Phaedros wrote: February 27th, 2021, 12:54 pm

I think I know someone who can turn it for me. I will contact you in the near future :!:
Great news! Double check the measurements in my file though please - I just remebered I made the inner diameter of the bezel to fit the SKX crystal - this might not work with your Tudor.