Pam homage history

General watch-related discussion
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: Pan homage history

Post by Emilio »

You know what? We will try to keep this fresh by promoting it to the top [emoji1783][emoji106] sticky

Luminor
VIP
VIP

Post by Luminor »

Great idea.

There was a thread, many years ago in another forum, about a guy who purchased an RXW watch and had it moded to look like a 6152/1. I wish I could find it. It would show how far we have come.
3646, gen. dial 3 of 3, coming soon.
3646, gen. dial 2 of 3, http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=82
3636, gen. dial 1 of 3, http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35
esdee
VIP
VIP

Post by esdee »

Just, better late than never!

Just came across this thread, ill do some digging to see what I have in my picture archives, the very first case I made dates back to 2009-2010 (3646 california, Hornlugs, and welded lugs) then came the mille metri in 2012
Luminor
VIP
VIP

Post by Luminor »

esdee wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 5:58 pm Just, better late than never!

Just came across this thread, ill do some digging to see what I have in my picture archives, the very first case I made dates back to 2009-2010 (3646 california, Hornlugs, and welded lugs) then came the mille metri in 2012
Oh, I would love to see your earlier cases. If this was a book, there would be a chapter (or two) dedicated solely to you.
daevildog

Post by daevildog »

Missed Kevin Rogers cases... saw his 3646 case in flesh when I hosted a get together at my house 12 years ago(?). The owner who was the only one to actually get one after fronting payment before Rogers took off to Thailand. Supposedly he got his hands on a gen case to take measurements.

Was friendly with 1/2 of VDB... offered 6152/1 case set ($2-3k). Only bought one of their custom plexis. There builds were $6k+ back in the day.

Okabum made the first accurate 6152/1 CGs, nice pencil handsets, spring bars. Trustworthy seller who was in tourist industry.

Dow, mega talented lumer that enabled the making of amazing Cali dials

Otto, maker of lovely 6154 and 3646 cases.

Quizats, great guy... made first accurate T24 and T25 with plexi maker in Spain, Nightwatch took over from him.

Ross first and longest running maker of Vintage and custom dials. Always a pleasure to deal with and has well earned reputation beyond reproach.

VDB used dials made from salt water etching(?) from HF 1 member.

Southy for a couple years was the prime dial supplier becasuse he supplied dials and painted them... he retired and passed his knowledge and know how to present member.

Through all these years, Nightwatch was ramping up his selection of Vintage parts and cases. He has been a dependable and irreplaceable asset with an unquestioned reputation. His building services are without peer with respect to workmanship and quality. I have been blessed to get to know him. He is irreplaceable to this hobby.

Elias, great/quality guy and superlative maker of vintage buckles.

Athaya, great guy and maker of 6152/1 cases, 3646, and other amazing parts... in Telecom industry in Indonesia.

Esdee, amazing case maker and great guy all around. Responsible for Welded, 3646 and Millemetri cases. Has had 3 runs of case sets, I have them all.

Kpoy, good guy, great builder of quality Egi builds.

Pvirus, good guy, amazing lumer and custom dial maker. Responsible for amazing/grail Rolerai dials.

Belkin12, good guy, amazing lumer, builder and custom dial maker. Amazing Cali and Rolerai dials.

Jorge, gamechanger supplier of Angelus conversion kits...

Apologies if I have omitted others, doing this at top of my head and my memory is shit... the pillars of this hobby, with at least 10 years of consistency and dependability, are Ross, Athaya and Nightwatch, Without them we would be fucked.

I take close up pictures of my builds from the last 12yrs which include the labors and parts of those I have mentioned. Also have hoarded many hundred of these parts, from most of aforementioned individuals... will take pictures of this hoard too.
VanSong
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Re: Pam homage history

Post by VanSong »

It will be great to have you pioneers showing us later enthusiast of HF history!

Maybe a HF Museum thread, LOL!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ciccio
VIP
VIP

Post by Ciccio »

Love that this thread has been revived. Let’s not forget to mention some of the current players. I’d like to specifically give a shout out to ASCIwhite: his crispy clean builds continue to inspire me and so many other people here. He’s constantly trying out new case sets and showcasing them here and by extension widening the variety of potential builds our community can come up with. I truly consider him a pioneer in the purist sense of the word and he’s always generous with his knowledge.

Also, I think Niranjan deserves a shoutout as a current dial maker on this forum. I can personally attest to quality of his workmanship.

After not having a Pam homage in my personal collection for a long time because my tastes moved to smaller sizes, I was able to find a smaller 42mm alternative thanks to ASCIwhite and this was the resulting build with a Niranjan dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TicTocTach
VIP
VIP

Post by TicTocTach »

DaveW in Australia made a small batch of really nice 6154 cases around 2010-2012 I think.

And let's not forget Dan / Foxint / OWC Watches also in Australia. Super knowledgeable about vintage Rolex bits and especially the early Compressor cases.
Luminor
VIP
VIP

Post by Luminor »

So, the early players:
Joa way back when, before HF even existed.
Donerix, famous for his straps and boxes but also made homages. (I got my first 6152/1 from him and loved it for many years).
Ross, of course.
Adeeos, straps and some builds.

Nowadays, we have some amazing builders and members: Davdew, Bin Bin, and of course Bigwave for anything dial related.
Mir36
VIP
VIP

Post by Mir36 »

Late to this thread too, but I just wanted to add another name to the annals of vintage homage history - Clinteastwood, the French legend. Pre HF days he was more active on RG, and really paved the way in showing what was possible with 6152 SF 240 builds. I know he’s here as well but less active. I would go so far as to say he inspired many of the HF OGs.

One of my first builds circa 2010: DSN 6154 case, Ross dial, and Gunny strap.
P.s. f*ck you ph*t*bucket.
My PreVs, PreAs and more: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6554
PreV and PreA cases: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6652
PreV dials: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6651