What are you working on now?

General watch-related discussion
geoffdragon
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Re: What are you working on now?

Post by geoffdragon »

Deciding if it's time to stop or try to add more 3d effect to the lume on this 37mm @Fizzzz gilt dial. Image
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Post by jrlmsla »

Just finished making some ferric chloride so I can etch some hands and maybe dials. Image
Denis
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by Denis »

geoffdragon wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:35 am Deciding if it's time to stop or try to add more 3d effect to the lume on this 37mm @Fizzzz gilt dial. Image
Please stop, dial is perfect :thumbup:
Fizzzz
Mad scientist
Mad scientist

Post by Fizzzz »

geoffdragon wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:35 am Deciding if it's time to stop or try to add more 3d effect to the lume on this 37mm @Fizzzz gilt dial. Image
:thumbup: Nice Work Geoff! :thumbup:
How did you made these different shades of black/dark grey? Ink?
geoffdragon
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by geoffdragon »

Thanks @Fizzzz, it all starts with a fantastic gilt dial....and thank you again for that!

No additional colours used, just different layers of matt varnish, with a slight wax polish in-between coats.

In reality it's much more matt than it appears in the photo unless the light catches it, and when that happens your gilt chapter truly pops.
Fizzzz
Mad scientist
Mad scientist

Post by Fizzzz »

geoffdragon wrote: January 29th, 2023, 9:53 am Thanks @Fizzzz, it all starts with a fantastic gilt dial....and thank you again for that!

No additional colours used, just different layers of matt varnish, with a slight wax polish in-between coats.

In reality it's much more matt than it appears in the photo unless the light catches it, and when that happens your gilt chapter truly pops.
Ok, thanks for details Geoff,
So do I find it fascinating to see the gilt playing with light angles :thumbup:
Sevanata
VIP
VIP

Post by Sevanata »

A crystal clear plexi from the master Kp0y...

Thanks Alex... Perfect fit. Image

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

geoffdragon
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by geoffdragon »

@Sevanata @Kp0y

Wow!
wwwEvgeny
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by wwwEvgeny »

Sevanata wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:12 pm A crystal clear plexi from the master Kp0y...

Thanks Alex... Perfect fit. Image

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
every time I see this case on Ali I always feel temptation :thumbup: :thumbup: :) bravo!!
toofsy
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by toofsy »

2 projects in progress :

- Prev Sub (PAM 024C grandmother)
Ressurect my luminor 44 sub/PAM024C style case : I got the case from @emilio with a narrow inner space to use an automatic mouvement. A friend enlarge the case to accept a 6497. Until that point everything was perfect. Otherwise the lathe process touch small cavity in the case where there his little spring (and ball) to control the bezel rotation : conclusion the bezel was blocked.
As the bezel was not aligned, and blocked I decide to pop up it from the case. After many tries, tools, and a panic call to Kpoy the conclusion was : impossible to remove the bezel with out deform it.
Ok I decide to go forward and manage later on the prospective damages.
At the end of the process the bezel is completely wrapped with a lot of dents and scratchs.

I start to try to get back an acceptable shape and surfaces but it's a long work. I think I will be able to get a clean vintage look (dents) but the bezel rotation should be definitely lost. I think I'm going to have to glue/fix it as all the internal groove are destroyed.

After that I will have :
- To shape a new crown tube to match with the cousinUK 1,2mm crown.
- Repolished the midcase and soften the edge with PrevV style
- Redrill the lug to use a DSN Prev Lug bar
- Shape a solid plexi
- Order a dial to @Belkin12
- Lume the Prev hands style from ALix
- Found the best crown guard/lever combo
- Option engraved a solid case back in the Prev style.
IMG_20230130_101142.jpg
IMG_20230130_102958.jpg
- The second project will be easier : I alreday sandblasted an old getat/cartel case and buckle, gather the right crown/crown guard/lever combo. I just need to find the right inspiration for the dial. I found a white dial on Alix but too expensive for the project.
IMG_20230130_100238.jpg
H66a4fc3cbb1645e598f358e26c3392ccl.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IconRays - aNYstrap - Ateliers d'Embellie