VIP
VIP

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Re: A question for the chronograph experts

Post by unreformed66 »

You're quite welcome my friend. I think that if we could combine your experience with mine then we'd be the most knowledgeable watchmaker on the planet...;)
miki360
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by miki360 »

Maybe some of chronograph experts can help me find Breguet overcoil hairspring for Valjoux 23?Some busted movement with good hairspring maybe laying ...

Sorry Yoda if i highjacked thread...
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

miki360 wrote: October 26th, 2018, 3:49 am Maybe some of chronograph experts can help me find Breguet overcoil hairspring for Valjoux 23?Some busted movement with good hairspring maybe laying ...

Sorry Yoda if i highjacked thread...
No problem miki, I did see your WTB a few days ago and I have been looking around and checked with my contacts, but it is a hard to find part these Days.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
miki360
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by miki360 »

Cheers mate.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

unreformed66 wrote: October 25th, 2018, 10:47 pm You're quite welcome my friend. I think that if we could combine your experience with mine then we'd be the most knowledgeable watchmaker on the planet...;)
Thanks, I am flattered. As a team we would be unmatched!
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

The bottom line with this caliber 321 that came to me in pieces a few weeks ago...

Do I like working on chrongraphs? Not entirely sure, probably because I know too little and forget some on the way. I usually see what it is all about, but there is a first time for all things.

I tore it apart again and I almost had it assembled with the small drive wheel under the mainspring barrel, was about to fit the pallet arbor assembly when I saw the third wheel lieing in front of me on the bench........nooooooooooo, not again...! I thought: "you fucked up god damn shit kicking watchmaker"

What I have learned, is that I am at least four times faster when assembling these now. The 7733 and 7750 are a walk in the park and almost as easy as the ETA649X, but the Omega looks much more confusing with all these unusual forms and somewhat different looking parts, even if the functions are the same.
unreformed66
VIP
VIP

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Post by unreformed66 »

Yes, unfamiliar chronographs can be a challenge..lol. I'm of a different opinion than you though, I'd rather do an Omega 321 or 861 than a 7750 any day. They just go back together so easily compared to 7750s in my opinion. I HATE the date system in the 7750 and that damn fiddly little pinion that drives the chronograph center seconds wheel. There's always a spring trying to get away somewhere in the 7750 design. 7733s are well thought out and easy to service for a chronograph.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

unreformed66 wrote: October 27th, 2018, 8:02 am Yes, unfamiliar chronographs can be a challenge..lol. I'm of a different opinion than you though, I'd rather do an Omega 321 or 861 than a 7750 any day. They just go back together so easily compared to 7750s in my opinion. I HATE the date system in the 7750 and that damn fiddly little pinion that drives the chronograph center seconds wheel. There's always a spring trying to get away somewhere in the 7750 design. 7733s are well thought out and easy to service for a chronograph.
Oh yes, the date system in the 7750....LOL!