Molnija 3601 Service

Share experiences and specs of different watch movements
frenchy
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Molnija 3601 Service

Post by frenchy »

Hopefully I'm going back to the UK in May/June. I've got a couple of 3601 movements that run but could do with a clean and lube. Any of our experienced watchmakers know how long the process takes. Given it has no shockproofing I'd like to be able to have someone do it same day as posting them is inviting problems.
What are you drinking,velocet or drencrom.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Re: Molnija 3601 Service

Post by Yoda »

frenchy wrote: April 7th, 2022, 8:39 am Hopefully I'm going back to the UK in May/June. I've got a couple of 3601 movements that run but could do with a clean and lube. Any of our experienced watchmakers know how long the process takes. Given it has no shockproofing I'd like to be able to have someone do it same day as posting them is inviting problems.
Provided there are no issues, then a complete service takes an hour.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
frenchy
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Re: Molnija 3601 Service

Post by frenchy »

Yoda wrote: April 7th, 2022, 9:41 am
frenchy wrote: April 7th, 2022, 8:39 am Hopefully I'm going back to the UK in May/June. I've got a couple of 3601 movements that run but could do with a clean and lube. Any of our experienced watchmakers know how long the process takes. Given it has no shockproofing I'd like to be able to have someone do it same day as posting them is inviting problems.
Provided there are no issues, then a complete service takes an hour.
Thanks I thought it should be fairly straightforward,you see YouTube videos of movements being stripped and reassembled but then you never know if they're edited.
What are you drinking,velocet or drencrom.