Question about angelus sf240

General watch-related discussion
nje2791
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Question about angelus sf240

Post by nje2791 »

Can anyone please help me with some information? What does the elongated indentation on the back of the case represent (see it on the left hand side of this photo). And more importantly, what would it’s absence mean for the movement inside?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tafari
VIP
VIP

Re: Question about angelus sf240

Post by tafari »

it is for the alarm setting if I’m not wrong and ot is with alarm
nje2791
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by nje2791 »

Thanks [mention]tafari[/mention] - so if it’s not present, It’s a non-alarm version?
tafari
VIP
VIP

Post by tafari »

yes, but I think they are very rare as steem wind. also rhe third hand at the dial side is very good to see if it is alarm
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

The part on the left side is so you can access and adjust the movement. It is not an incastar movement with that hatch, but it may be an incabloc.

It is an alarm movement, the cover goes almost all the way to the main plate and it serves as a bell for the alarm hammer.

The knob to the right is for setting the alarm.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
nje2791
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by nje2791 »

I’ve done something I wouldn’t normally do and purchased an angelus threesome barometer, clock, calendar without seeing the movement so I’ve got my fingers crossed that it works out :|
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

I am sure that it will be fine, I have rarely seen a damaged SF240.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
nje2791
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by nje2791 »

[mention]tafari[/mention] [mention]Yoda[/mention] Thanks so much for your input on this.
tafari
VIP
VIP

Post by tafari »

[mention]Yoda [/mention] perfect explains!

I hope it will be good, godd luck
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

me not being a gifted watchsmith (like M is) ... it took me a quite a while to read and learn what is most likely inside one of those clocks ... and many guys keep it a secret :mrgreen:

As Yoda says .... that little latch on the left side, it swings open and allows you to "Advance" or "Retarde" the spinning of the balance wheel ... if the clock is running slow or running fast.

An "incastar" would not have the latch, it is adjusted via a different method ... but and Incabloc or a Non-Incabloc may have this latch ... and becareful for those dread non-desirable movements ...

However, the Incabloc and the Incastar are the more desirable (in my opinion) ... as they have a better "shock system" ... well, relatively speaking ... the older non-incablocs are perfectly fine too

it's not like we are going out there and chopping wood while wearing our 6152 :lol:
Yoda wrote: September 21st, 2020, 7:07 am The part on the left side is so you can access and adjust the movement. It is not an incastar movement with that hatch, but it may be an incabloc.

It is an alarm movement, the cover goes almost all the way to the main plate and it serves as a bell for the alarm hammer.

The knob to the right is for setting the alarm.
Alpacalypse Now