Is this Insert (16610LN) Genuine?

General watch-related discussion
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Is this Insert (16610LN) Genuine?

Post by Thrasher »

I got this insert from a reputable dealer on eBay years ago and put it in my parts drawer, Just recently I decided to put it on my watch. I know I looked at the back and it looked genuine, When I bought it I obviously thought it was genuine, But now somehow the way the numbers tilt away from each other bottom to top has got me confused. I have never seen an insert like this and can't find an example of it in any of my books or on the net. Your opinion is appreciated Thank You
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Is this Insert (16610LN) Genuine?

Post by straps68 »

Must be a very special limited edtion...made in Guangzhou, not in Geneva.
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

straps68 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 2:56 pm Must be a very special limited edtion...made in Guangzhou, not in Geneva.
I found a guy over a REPGEEK who has something similar but the tilt is not as dramatic :?:
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

So far I have three votes gen and one vote rep , Though I have not been able to find any GEN photos of this online, I did have one guy who had a similar insert. I'm leaning toward GEN but I would like to see a confirmation photo.....I know Chrono24...What could possibly go wrong :(
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by straps68 »

I heard that it is common knowledgte that there are far more fake than real Rollis in the world. The only one who'd know for sure is the dude at Rolex that has printed ALL the dials - but I'm not sure that you can get a hold of him...

From a pragmatic point of view it does not make sense to have the numbers slanted. BUT, I have seen so many weird or ugly (original) designs in my life...as have we all, I'm sure.
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

Well this pretty much proves it genuine or at least Service part from RSC
Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

Post by Hidden Impact »

You’d get a brutally honest (depending on the member) opinion over at RWI or related rep site regarding this. Those guys are either ridiculously obsessed with details regarding genuine vs. rep, or you have the occasional poser who thinks they know it all ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

Post by Hidden Impact »

Ok, a respected member over at RWI showed me this. Take your insert off and look for these rectangles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

Thank You....I spend to much time at RWI and the thread lives there as well as at Repgeek. Its confirmed genuine, oddly and I hadn't noticed it was pointed out to me that this tilt is seen in the bezels of the new GMT master and Yachtmaster
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by straps68 »

Well, I'm glad I was wrong :thumbup: