Help with Valjoux 7733

Non-homage Dive Watches
bronzerai
VIP
VIP

Help with Valjoux 7733

Post by bronzerai »

Hi All,
Recently got a Cauny Valjoux 7733 that was serviced this month but I noticed when it arrived the chronograph buttons aren't working. I open the case back and can get the start, stop, and reset functions to work fine with manual manipulation of the cam assembly but the pushers don't seem to engage the cam assembly. I'm guessing it's a pretty simple adjustment but have no familiarity with the movement to know what to try.

Last edited by bronzerai on June 27th, 2020, 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chileantiques
Banned
Banned

Re: Help with Valjoux 7733

Post by Chileantiques »

Not same caliber, but look at minute 35.
If you can make it manually works both , mabye the pushers are not long or contact area too small and "slip". In the video he solve a issue like i mention before. Regards
oviraicov
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by oviraicov »

try cleaning the case and pushers. Can be the dirt in the pusher cap stoping the entire movement of the pusher.
bronzerai
VIP
VIP

Post by bronzerai »

Chileantiques wrote: June 25th, 2020, 3:03 am Not same caliber, but look at minute 35.
If you can make it manually works both , mabye the pushers are not long or contact area too small and "slip". In the video he solve a issue like i mention before. Regards
Hi Jorge,
was there a link that a meant to include in your post?
Chileantiques
Banned
Banned

Post by Chileantiques »

yes, post late nite :crazy:
This is the video:
https://youtu.be/PogxQ0O4vQs?t=2133

Shows how the funcion works fine doing manually, but doesnt work with pushers... he made a extension in lenght and diameter. also can be the thing that says [mention]oviraicov[/mention] , can check if the pushers goes all way down (simetrical or not).
bronzerai
VIP
VIP

Post by bronzerai »

Loosened the hammer screw and voila pushers are finally able to start, stop, and reset. Hopefully the screw won't loosen more over time.

I need that stem holder in the video!