Non-homage Dive Watches
mountaineer
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Re: Found my next watch!!!

Post by mountaineer »

ryandfleming wrote: May 1st, 2020, 2:35 pm
mountaineer wrote:
mykeos wrote: April 30th, 2020, 8:07 am Has anyone replaced the dial on a blancpain/tornek rayville homage with a custom one or just relumed the stock one? I would love to see some pics,of the whole watch or just the dial,whatever you have! Please!:)
I replaced my with a seiko dial. I did not want the watch to be modern. I replaced the original bezel and it changed the direction of the build.

In my opinion, you could age/lume the original dial. If not happy, get cutom dial and bezel insert.
Very nice build. Where did the bezel insert come from?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I purchased the insert bezel an ebay seller that mods seiko style fifty fathoms. Most bezel inserts that fit Seiko SNZH should fit this watch.
hako

Post by hako »

Would you mind sharing the name of this seller?
====================================
Da builds: http://homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59#p101
====================================
toofsy
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by toofsy »

mountaineer wrote:
toofsy wrote: May 1st, 2020, 3:35 pm Next step will be to add a custom dial (not seiko :D )and thinner custom bezel insert, but maybe on the last version of the case witout drilled lugs.
Just need to wait for the reopening of my slocal laer engraver/maker with the begining of the deconfinement, planned on 11th of may here in France.

IMG_20190522_174832.jpg
How did you make those custom bezel inserts?
I provided a file to a local craft shop which manufacture plates and tags for mailbox, trophies, awards, doctor plates...he engraved in mirror a 3mm thickness Plexi on the back . After I sand it down with a round shape, fill in the numbers with a lume mix, and applied black spraycan paint on the back.

Envoyé de mon Mi A1 en utilisant Tapatalk

IconRays - aNYstrap - Ateliers d'Embellie
ryandfleming
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by ryandfleming »

mountaineer wrote:
ryandfleming wrote: May 1st, 2020, 2:35 pm
mountaineer wrote:
I replaced my with a seiko dial. I did not want the watch to be modern. I replaced the original bezel and it changed the direction of the build.

In my opinion, you could age/lume the original dial. If not happy, get cutom dial and bezel insert.
Very nice build. Where did the bezel insert come from?

I purchased the insert bezel an ebay seller that mods seiko style fifty fathoms. Most bezel inserts that fit Seiko SNZH should fit this watch.
Thanks for that. It's good news. It gives a lot of options for modding.

jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Post by jrlmsla »

mykeos wrote:Has anyone replaced the dial on a blancpain/tornek rayville homage with a custom one or just relumed the stock one? I would love to see some pics,of the whole watch or just the dial,whatever you have! Please!:)
I have a Tornek Rayville dial coming from Norskguru as soon as this COVID deal is done. He had the rendering done and then his shop shut down.
mykeos
VIP
VIP

Post by mykeos »

jrlmsla wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:44 am
mykeos wrote:Has anyone replaced the dial on a blancpain/tornek rayville homage with a custom one or just relumed the stock one? I would love to see some pics,of the whole watch or just the dial,whatever you have! Please!:)
I have a Tornek Rayville dial coming from Norskguru as soon as this COVID deal is done. He had the rendering done and then his shop shut down.
Yes,I remember you wrote that earlier.I do hope you get it soon,virologists are alerady scaring us with a second wave.
ryandfleming
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by ryandfleming »

mykeos wrote:
Yes,I remember you wrote that earlier.I do hope you get it soon,virologists are alerady scaring us with a second wave.
Do you have a link to that dial thread?. I tried google foo but had no luck.

oviraicov
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by oviraicov »

that caseback is a killer
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Post by jrlmsla »

ryandfleming wrote:
mykeos wrote:
Do you have a link to that dial thread?. I tried google foo but had no luck.

Nothing yet. I do believe he may have forgotten again.