NH35 movements in microbrand watches replaceable with Swiss ?

General watch-related discussion
Alou
VIP
VIP

NH35 movements in microbrand watches replaceable with Swiss ?

Post by Alou »

Probably this has been asked or answered before ,i apologize if i am a repeater,
but wanted to ask if the Seiko NH35 is directly replaceable by a Swiss Movement (ETA ,Sellita etc) or something better.
I see allot of microbrand watches and this so called " Tuna diver 1000m" (supposed to ??) on the bay
and was wondering since i have a couple 2824 movements if i could just get one for fun and replace the movement with something better with no mods .
Albatross
VIP
VIP

Re: NH35 movements in microbrand watches replaceable with Swiss ?

Post by Albatross »

I personally think Seiko movements are great. I would swap a Chinese movement for a Swiss in a heartbeat. Seiko, if in good order, I would keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

These are supposed to be low grade Seiko Moments with only 41 hours reserve ,some say that the Miyota 9015 is way better.
Anyway i was asking since i have the movement (2824) id it as directly swapable if you say that NH35 is ok as is ,perhaps it wouldn't be of any benefit ,some Chinese movements have been proven quite tough though.
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by straps68 »

There are some size differences and the hour and minute hands might not fit and the seconds will not fit.

I posted about the differences here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3097

I am not about to discourage you at all though and you would gain a smoother seconds hand sweep and perhaps a little better accuracy.
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

Thats good info Thanks.
That 6R35 is interesting though i dont like the looks of it specially the rotor,can that one be swpaed in place of the NH35,if you find one?
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

Ok..price is $725-$750 so its a pricy one ,it almost the same price to buy the Seiko watch then then movement alone.
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

If you are willing to do an additional spacer and new seconds hand. Not to mention dial feet will be clipped.

I personally don’t mind the seiko movement for a beater ... I’m currently wearing a micro brand with one on and am enjoying it. If i break it, I know it’s $40 to find a replacement.
:shifty:

Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

Lets say you want to put a better movement what will be a direct replacement Japanese or Swiss ?
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Alou wrote: March 25th, 2020, 6:19 pm Lets say you want to put a better movement what will be a direct replacement Japanese or Swiss ?
https://aquacywatch.com/blogs/news/cali ... iyota-9015

You get a better accuracy range with these.... I assume both are based on the base configurations. With a 2824, you have the option to get a chronometer grade too....
:shifty:

Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

so a Miyota 9015 is a direct replacement to the NH35 ? The 2824 wil need mods and new hands.