Strap, buckle, and box making, reviews, and more
Comandante
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Re: Vintage watchbox

Post by Comandante »

Yoda wrote:
Rotorua wrote: October 20th, 2019, 10:02 pm
blueradish wrote: October 20th, 2019, 4:31 pm Just tripped across these in my IG feed. Look pretty good for $70. Anyone have one thinking of getting one while I save for a Betman box.

https://hot.littlees.world/collections/ ... watch-case

Hey, I do have one of these. Mine was made (or just sold?) by a guy in Mexico, my wife gave it to me for our anniversary. It is a lovely piece, and I was contemplating a second one. I use it for some of my watches that I don't wear as often. It seems like the one you found is either by a different manufacturer and the same design, or both of these sellers are buying them from the same source.

Here is where mine is from: https://www.deferichs.com/watch-box-wit ... r-no-12-1/, and the company also has an Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/listing/253641905/ ... ro=1&frs=1

Here is mine:

Nice boxes, the wood looks as if there was a lot of worms there at some point...
Lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Rotorua
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Rotorua »

Yoda wrote: October 21st, 2019, 3:53 am Nice boxes, the wood looks as if there was a lot of worms there at some point...
I bet you anything there are still a few worms in there. I recently opened the bottom drawer, and in the far back corner there was some sawdust piled underneath the cushion with the watch. Active worm alarm! :mrgreen:
"Morituri te salutant" Gladiators
"Morituri Nolumus Mori" Smart Gladiators
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Rotorua wrote: October 21st, 2019, 12:22 pm
Yoda wrote: October 21st, 2019, 3:53 am Nice boxes, the wood looks as if there was a lot of worms there at some point...
I bet you anything there are still a few worms in there. I recently opened the bottom drawer, and in the far back corner there was some sawdust piled underneath the cushion with the watch. Active worm alarm! :mrgreen:
Remove the watches and the dust and let it stay in your freezer for 24 hours, problem solved.

I have owned an old summer house and we had the same issues, until I let all furniture weather over night in -20 on the lawn.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Rotorua
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Rotorua »

Yoda wrote: October 21st, 2019, 1:09 pm
Remove the watches and the dust and let it stay in your freezer for 24 hours, problem solved.

I have owned an old summer house and we had the same issues, until I let all furniture weather over night in -20 on the lawn.
That's a great idea! I haven't even thought of doing anything, since it's the first time I've seen some dust appear. But you are right, better to be proactive about that!
"Morituri te salutant" Gladiators
"Morituri Nolumus Mori" Smart Gladiators
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Rotorua wrote: October 21st, 2019, 1:12 pm
Yoda wrote: October 21st, 2019, 1:09 pm

That's a great idea! I haven't even thought of doing anything, since it's the first time I've seen some dust appear. But you are right, better to be proactive about that!
If you are particular, use a plastic bag.

Get rid of these worms, they will soon be out in your home!
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

It's made of wormwood
Alpacalypse Now
focus_xyx
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep