Finally, she is home for good!

Vintage pieces, golden era of USA pocket watches, etc
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Re: Finally, she is home for good!

Post by Yoda »

Emilio wrote: September 17th, 2019, 11:09 am I don't want to sound excessive but that's pretty much a perfect watch for a 1-watch collection.
My thoughts exactly! But I do want to have the ultimate SF240 build as well.

I am never completely satisfied and I have an old idea for a one of a kind dial for the Hamilton, but that will have to wait for a while more.

Mmm, I did have a build with each of the Hamilton 10 size movements, perhaps I should resurrect them, right now they are in pieces in my parts cabinet....
No comments, please!
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

Yes ... I thought those hands look blued ... not like HR website hands. The ones I have are all gold hands.

You probably do have one of those Tourby case set ... since it front loaded so easily, no ring.

I have 3 hammys here 921 and 945 (why? I'm a hoarder too ... though not at the level of Lee :lol:)

I like those 921's for the "swan-neck" spring on the regulator

I was just blown away by the movement when many years ago I bought a build that Nejad had done using one of Athaya's first bronze case set ... stunning movement, the embellishments to the jewels and the CDG striping!

There is a guy over here (in Virginia) ... he builds wrist watches from those old 10s size pocket watches... sells them at over $1000!! The 10s is perfect size for wristwatch build ... 12s then get way too big
Alpacalypse Now
Sandwich
VIP
VIP

Post by Sandwich »

Gorgeous watch.... Almost enough to turn my eye away from vintage Panerai!
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

TimemiT wrote: September 17th, 2019, 11:50 am Yes ... I thought those hands look blued ... not like HR website hands. The ones I have are all gold hands.

You probably do have one of those Tourby case set ... since it front loaded so easily, no ring.

I have 3 hammys here 921 and 945 (why? I'm a hoarder too ... though not at the level of Lee :lol:)

I like those 921's for the "swan-neck" spring on the regulator

I was just blown away by the movement when many years ago I bought a build that Nejad had done using one of Athaya's first bronze case set ... stunning movement, the embellishments to the jewels and the CDG striping!

There is a guy over here (in Virginia) ... he builds wrist watches from those old 10s size pocket watches... sells them at over $1000!! The 10s is perfect size for wristwatch build ... 12s then get way too big
Tarostik, yes. He is using beer can movement rings and glued dial feet.
Whether or not the movements has been serviced, I cannot say.
hako

Post by hako »

The 923 is a dream.
And this build is just perfect!
====================================
Da builds: http://homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59#p101
====================================
mykeos
VIP
VIP

Post by mykeos »

TimemiT wrote: September 17th, 2019, 9:27 am Let's revive some Hamilton love around here! Do we have a thread for this?

I was going to ask about those hands!! Wow. They are original to the movement? Did you blue them? ... so nice!

I believe Tourby was selling similar case set at one time (asking a pretty penny) .. whether they were his or sourced from Asia? Then it seems those case sets came out.

Helenarou has a vast selection of parts for hammys! Although, I think she is probably sold out of those front loading versions?? She does offer Sapphire crystal option for an extra $40.
https://www.helenarou.com/hamilton.html

How is the servicing and running of these movements ... compare to say the Corteberts?
+1 about the Hamilton thread!I am a complete novice regarding the Hamilton but have been inspired recently in that direction by Yoda and would love to see more builds with those movements,so a thread is a great idea. The 923 looks beautiful!
tafari
VIP
VIP

Finally, she is home for good!

Post by tafari »

beautiful watch, I like new looking watches [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
the movement is amazing, realy Hamilton builds some beautiful movements
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

It will probably need to be adjusted a wee more, I noticed that it has lost 20 seconds in a month, probably because I put it on the table in the same position every night, crown up. I will have to change that habit before adjusting it, just to see if it will help.
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by straps68 »

20 seconds in a month...that's pretty close to perfection anyway :)
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

straps68 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 4:48 am 20 seconds in a month...that's pretty close to perfection anyway :)
Yes, it's more than good, but this is a high end movement and it can do juuust a little better. Guess I have OCD.

I would like to end up with no need for adjusting the time at all, only by placing the watch in different positions when I take it off in the evening.

The Rolex way, only better. LOL!