Movement help

Share experiences and specs of different watch movements
Hypnogagia
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Frequent Flyer

Re: Movement help

Post by Hypnogagia »

The Nomolas version of the Cortebert 616 is my favorite. 17 jewels, swan neck regulator, anglage on the bridges, Geneva stripes and most important for a clumsy fool like me; Incabloc shock protection. I’m guessing the finishing and position adjustments are better on the Rolex, but when tuned up the Nomolas runs amazingly accurate.
I keep adding airplane parts to my motorbike but it still doesn’t fly
Madantique
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Skillful builder

8 giorni nut

Post by Madantique »

Hypnogagia wrote: October 17th, 2023, 10:32 pm The Nomolas version of the Cortebert 616 is my favorite. 17 jewels, swan neck regulator, anglage on the bridges, Geneva stripes and most important for a clumsy fool like me; Incabloc shock protection. I’m guessing the finishing and position adjustments are better on the Rolex, but when tuned up the Nomolas runs amazingly accurate.
Me too, this one convert from Nomolas too. It's run very strong and good accurate after convert and service from Chileantiques.

photo upload on internet
Laris
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by Laris »

south105323 wrote: October 17th, 2023, 3:49 am What are Rolex 622s going for now? 17 jewel, 'spiral breguet elinvar' engraving. Don't think it is a 618 because of the elinvar and narrow CdG. How do you tell the difference when in a case?
Was never that into movements, but one has come up...
Determining the current market value of a specific Rolex model, such as a Rolex 622, can be challenging, as prices can vary significantly depending on factors like the watch's condition, rarity, and demand. It's essential to consult with a reputable watch dealer or appraiser who specializes in vintage Rolex watches for the most accurate and up-to-date valuation.

Distinguishing between Rolex watch models can often require examining the watch's features, movement, and specific engravings. The "spiral Breguet elinvar" engraving you mentioned could be a significant clue in identifying the watch. However, without physically examining the watch or having access to detailed photographs and reference materials, it may be challenging to provide a definitive identification.