Dial help

Seiko, Soxa, and FFF mods and parts discussion
shanostyle
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Dial help

Post by shanostyle »

Hello all!

I am building a piece for myself that will require a mod on a Steeldive that has an NH35 seiko movement.

Wondering if anyone in this group could help me with a dial for it?

Here is the watch:

A couple of the dials I like (done by Mr. kelly but who is out for 3-4 weeks) and some others are below. Let me know your thoughts. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Re: Dial help

Post by jrlmsla »

There is a guy on eBay who does dials like the ones you have shown.
His name is:

leszekguilloche

Here are a few examples of his work:

I don’t know if he does custom jobs or not. I actually don’t even know but he may be a member here?

On the forum the dial makers include:

Belkin12
Norskguru
Bigwaved
Odokadolo

Among others.
shanostyle
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by shanostyle »

Would also love to get this Rhino on as a dial. Not sure if everyone uses pre-designed templates or create their own.

Fizzzz
Mad scientist
Mad scientist

Post by Fizzzz »

shanostyle wrote: May 17th, 2023, 9:47 pm Image

Would also love to get this Rhino on as a dial. Not sure if everyone uses pre-designed templates or create their own.

Hello,
This Rhino is not a dial but a coin,
you can't have the same 3D depht and details on a 0.40mm thin dial.

The first dial you're showing seems to be laser engraved, the other ones, with lowest details are acid etched.
I can laser engrave dials, (see my posts in Seiko section) but design and finishing are very time consumming.
shanostyle
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by shanostyle »

Fizzzz wrote:

Hello,
you can't have the same 3D on a 0.40mm thin dial.

The first dial you're showing seems to be laser engraved, the other ones, with lowest details are acid etched.
I can laser engrave dials, (see my posts in Seiko section) but design and finishing are very time consumming.
Yes understandable on the 3D. For this coin. Just showing that to reference what I was wanting to achieve from and laser engraving if possible.

I’m willing to pay for the time consuming nature of the design and finishing too. This piece will go with me until I die.

Fizzzz
Mad scientist
Mad scientist

Post by Fizzzz »

shanostyle wrote: May 18th, 2023, 5:12 am
Fizzzz wrote:

Hello,

Yes understandable on the 3D. For this coin. Just showing that to reference what I was wanting to achieve from and laser engraving if possible.

I’m willing to pay for the time consuming nature of the design and finishing too. This piece will go with me until I die.

I may be able to do it, but you need to refine your project, these dials you're showing are so different...
You also have to keep in mind that dials for Seiko are very small...
Did you check my builds?
shanostyle
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by shanostyle »

Fizzzz wrote:
shanostyle wrote: May 18th, 2023, 5:12 am
Fizzzz wrote: Hello,

I may be able to do it, but you need to refine your project, these dials you're showing are so different...
You also have to keep in mind that dials for Seiko are very small...
Did you check my builds?
Just sent you a PM.