Cool Vintage Tool watch

Non-homage Dive Watches
Luminor
VIP
VIP

Re: Cool Vintage Tool watch

Post by Luminor »

First time I see a watch like that. Interesting. I like that bezel.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

3646, gen. dial 3 of 3, coming soon.
3646, gen. dial 2 of 3, http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=82
3636, gen. dial 1 of 3, http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35
VanSong
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by VanSong »

Yes [mention]Luminor[/mention] it is what attracted me in the first look! Then the monobloc case impresses me further...IMHO :lol: :lol:
Here are more images from the NET :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
miki360
VIP
VIP

Post by miki360 »

VanSong
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by VanSong »

Thanks Miki, appreciated for the links.

Btw, the one with the black dial is what I've been searching for but it had all the details of fake parts or is a Fake piece as read from a forum which they had discuss on this back in 2013! Even the reference numbers on the case back of this piece is known as fake identical numbers.

Thanks anyway bud, am grateful for your share[emoji1][emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

miki360
VIP
VIP

Post by miki360 »

VanSong wrote: May 14th, 2018, 7:57 am

Btw, the one with the black dial is what I've been searching for but it had all the details of fake parts or is a Fake piece as read from a forum which they had discuss on this back in 2013! Even the reference numbers on the case back of this piece is known as fake identical numbers.

Oh..I did not know there is fake watches among Caribbean watches... :oops: :oops:
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

miki360 wrote: May 14th, 2018, 8:58 am
VanSong wrote: May 14th, 2018, 7:57 am

Oh..I did not know there is fake watches among Caribbean watches... :oops: :oops:
Yeah. The vintage watch market can be scary... as long as there is money to be made, someone somewhere will find a way to do it.
:shifty:

VanSong
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by VanSong »

Totally agreed Tan, is an ugly world out there! So all pls be vigilant and not burn our hard earn money away. [emoji1]

Cheers with thanks guys

unreformed66
VIP
VIP

Post by unreformed66 »

VanSong wrote: May 10th, 2018, 5:09 am Hi Guys,

A heads up for anyone who are interested and buying this watch. Have just read that back in 2013, some watch enthusiasts from other forum found out that there are quite a few non genuine pieces circling around with same serial numbers & with some details difference from the real McCoy!

Keep your money safe ya! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Yes, they're faking the shit out of dive watches these days, especially by adding newly made bakelite bezels to watches that never had them to start with. It seems that the majority of them on Ebay that I'm seeing are coming from Italy at the moment. I guess it's just too much temptation to turn a $100 watch into a $3000 watch with a bezel and a story.
VanSong
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by VanSong »

unreformed66 wrote:

A heads up for anyone who are interested and buying this watch. Have just read that back in 2013, some watch enthusiasts from other forum found out that there are quite a few non genuine pieces circling around with same serial numbers & with some details difference from the real McCoy!

Yes, they're faking the shit out of dive watches these days, especially by adding newly made bakelite bezels to watches that never had them to start with. It seems that the majority of them on Ebay that I'm seeing are coming from Italy at the moment. I guess it's just too much temptation to turn a $100 watch into a $3000 watch with a bezel and a story.
Yes, saw a few non-genuine piece with the same reference numbers selling over usd3k over time. But what surprises me is the seller seem like a professional vintage watch seller/dealer with good track records [emoji28].

unreformed66
VIP
VIP

Post by unreformed66 »

VanSong wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:06 pm
unreformed66 wrote:

Yes, saw a few non-genuine piece with the same reference numbers selling over usd3k over time. But what surprises me is the seller seem like a professional vintage watch seller/dealer with good track records [emoji28].

Yes, I noticed that too. I would imagine that he or she sends out nice watches that look nice and run well and people are happy with them and leave good feedback before they figure out that they're fakes. IF they figure out that they're fakes. In 50 years there will be tons of internet "evidence" to back up the "correctness" of these watches. I'm also seeing TONS of fake Ulysse Nardin watches coming from South America these days, they're getting generic Swiss watches and refinishing the dials and even engraving the movements and cases but if you look at them all of them have the exact same dial logo, case engraving and movement engraving. Fake Breitlings from some of the same South American sellers as well. It's kind of a tip off when the movement is beaten to hell and back and the engraving is sharp and fresh. Not to mention they're laser engraving the case backs which is a dead giveaway that it's fake.