Found my next watch!!!

Non-homage Dive Watches
mykeos
VIP
VIP

Re: Found my next watch!!!

Post by mykeos »

Tanukjaju wrote: April 12th, 2020, 10:36 am Time arrow has a couple of FF variants on eBay. Not exactly the same IIrC, but might make a good case donor.
Thanks!I had been looking for a nice,wallet friendly Tornek homage for years,never heard of Time arrow before.

I sent the 100usd offer and it was just accepted by Time arrow on ebay.Any ideas if a plexi can be fitted?Sandblasting the case would also make it look nice and more gen like,imo...
Albatross
VIP
VIP

Post by Albatross »

mykeos wrote:
Tanukjaju wrote: April 12th, 2020, 10:36 am Time arrow has a couple of FF variants on eBay. Not exactly the same IIrC, but might make a good case donor.
Thanks!I had been looking for a nice,wallet friendly Tornek homage for years,never heard of Time arrow before.

I sent the 100usd offer and it was just accepted by Time arrow on ebay.Any ideas if a plexi can be fitted?Sandblasting the case would also make it look nice and more gen like,imo...
Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mountaineer
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by mountaineer »

Albatross wrote: April 12th, 2020, 11:14 am
mykeos wrote:

Link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Time-Arrow-FIF ... SwAUlc8omQ

You can see the thread I made about this watch: http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3124
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

I think you may have seen this listing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blancpain-Mils ... SwXAFd1Rcd
Alpacalypse Now
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

jrlmsla wrote: April 12th, 2020, 11:00 am I purchased the Time Arrow watch.
I will be placing a Tornek Rayville dial in it made by Norskguru when this whole virus deal dies down.
AS 1361N is right. And you can search eBay for the movement and find the correct hands too.
The case is the same as DSN case so it’s a bit thicker than original. But other than that it’s great. Gotta recreate the case back. Just because of what it says!
Who will you be asking to get the engraving done?
:shifty:

mykeos
VIP
VIP

Post by mykeos »

mountaineer wrote: April 12th, 2020, 11:24 am
Albatross wrote: April 12th, 2020, 11:14 am
mykeos wrote:

Link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Time-Arrow-FIF ... SwAUlc8omQ

You can see the thread I made about this watch: http://www.homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3124
Thanks,I don't know how could I have missed that thread.I really wish there would be more plug and play modding option for these homages,as there are for vintage pam homages.Dials,bezels,crowns,etc.I would especially love to see a "proper" vintage tornek/ blancpain dial with puffy lume:)
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

Yes its an intesting build and not hard to do.
I liked that watch specially the US navy edition and the one made by LIP for the French navy.
For 65.000 $ you start a small watch homage company ! :thumbup:

These days we should also make a caseback with corovid active then radioactive! :lol:
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

...and now the AS movement will reach the fame and price of the sf240!!
mykeos
VIP
VIP

Post by mykeos »

Alou wrote: April 12th, 2020, 1:32 pm ...and now the AS movement will reach the fame and price of the sf240!!
It might,indeed :D :thumbup:
mykeos
VIP
VIP

Post by mykeos »

jrlmsla wrote: April 12th, 2020, 11:00 am I purchased the Time Arrow watch.
I will be placing a Tornek Rayville dial in it made by Norskguru when this whole virus deal dies down.
AS 1361N is right. And you can search eBay for the movement and find the correct hands too.
The case is the same as DSN case so it’s a bit thicker than original. But other than that it’s great. Gotta recreate the case back. Just because of what it says!
Would love to see that dial! :thumbup: