Finally, she is home for good!

Vintage pieces, golden era of USA pocket watches, etc
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Finally, she is home for good!

Post by straps68 »

Yoda wrote: November 4th, 2019, 5:29 am
straps68 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 4:48 am 20 seconds in a month...that's pretty close to perfection anyway :)
Yes, it's more than good, but this is a high end movement and it can do juuust a little better. Guess I have OCD.

I would like to end up with no need for adjusting the time at all, only by placing the watch in different positions when I take it off in the evening.

The Rolex way, only better. LOL!
From your post I see that you did everything right :) Perhaps it is enough to simply leave it in different positions at night.

Do Rolex watches really gain/lose less than 20 seconds a month?
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

straps68 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 5:42 am
Yoda wrote: November 4th, 2019, 5:29 am
straps68 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 4:48 am 20 seconds in a month...that's pretty close to perfection anyway :)
Yes, it's more than good, but this is a high end movement and it can do juuust a little better. Guess I have OCD.

I would like to end up with no need for adjusting the time at all, only by placing the watch in different positions when I take it off in the evening.

The Rolex way, only better. LOL!
From your post I see that you did everything right :) Perhaps it is enough to simply leave it in different positions at night.

Do Rolex watches really gain/lose less than 20 seconds a month?
Rolex allows up to 15-20 seconds a week, if you follow the instructions about placing it in different positions.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
mykeos
VIP
VIP

Post by mykeos »

Yoda wrote: November 4th, 2019, 4:12 am It will probably need to be adjusted a wee more, I noticed that it has lost 20 seconds in a month, probably because I put it on the table in the same position every night, crown up. I will have to change that habit before adjusting it, just to see if it will help.
20 seconds a month,is that even possible?I would never have thought a mechanical movement can do that.You are one lucky Hamilton owner,my friend :thumbup: :clap:
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

I replaced the original staff with a new one today, flattened the pivots a little and polished them to avoid too much stress on the cap jewels when placing the watch dial up or dial down. A too pointy staff will "drill" a cap jewel over time and it makes me nervous. Not that I easily could replace these jewels when servicing the movement, but I would like to avoid it. Flattening the pivots will make the movement slow down a tad, but also regulate the pace as it usually runs faster dial up or dial down, time will tell what happened.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
mykeos
VIP
VIP

Post by mykeos »

Bravo,good job,M.!
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Oh damn. I missed this one the first time round.

The case looks like those beautiful ones that kemmner used to sell years ago, with a screw on bezel and caseback. They were better than any sub $3000 watch that I have handled. It was builds like these that brought me to the hobby.

A very inspiring build indeed! Makes me want to do one of these again. I never thought I would see you find the time to actually make yourself a watch.

I love this [mention]Yoda[/mention]
:shifty:

thelonedoc
VIP
VIP

Post by thelonedoc »

Wow I missed this until today, absolutely gorgeous!

What a watch!
Natas78
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by Natas78 »

Great build, Master Yoda
Alou
VIP
VIP

Post by Alou »

Thats a pretty one!Looks to me similar to Patek and Vacheron Vintage look watches !!
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Yoda wrote: September 17th, 2019, 11:15 am
Emilio wrote: September 17th, 2019, 11:09 am I don't want to sound excessive but that's pretty much a perfect watch for a 1-watch collection.
My thoughts exactly! But I do want to have the ultimate SF240 build.....
What are the ideas going on in your head?
:shifty: