Vintage Pocket Watch REPUTABLE DEALER?

Vintage pieces, golden era of USA pocket watches, etc
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Re: Vintage Pocket Watch REPUTABLE DEALER?

Post by Thrasher »

Ah this is very interesting Ball was a big player in standardizing time and watch specifications for the Railroads and I'm seeing watches size 18 made by Ball for Hamilton and Elgin I guess. https://watchtime.me/life-style/vintage ... ad-watches
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Thrasher wrote: July 11th, 2019, 10:37 am Ah this is very interesting Ball was a big player in standardizing time and watch specifications for the Railroads and I'm seeing watches size 18 made by Ball for Hamilton and Elgin I guess. https://watchtime.me/life-style/vintage ... ad-watches
I think that I have a Ball here somewhere, for sure an Imperial Canada made by Hamilton from around 1905.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Thrasher wrote:Is there a thread here where I can see posted pictures of Members pocket watches???

[mention]unreformed66[/mention] You have anything like a size 18 or 20 in silver or gold with a white porcelain dial and history, something that would look great but still have had a practical purpose
The "movement shot of the moment" thread

viewtopic.php?t=523
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

Hey Guys I picked up two a 1911 Hampden 18s for $312 and a 1921 Hamilton 992 s16 for $172....My birthdays coming up this week so I wanted to get my hands on a couple. I'm of course always in the market and have been reading but the damn relatives in the house are distracting. I will post pictures when they arrive. [mention]unreformed66[/mention] depending on how they run I might ask you to go through them.

But please guys if you have something special you would like to move on to a good home where it will be loved let me know.
unreformed66
VIP
VIP

Post by unreformed66 »

Congratulations! American pocket watches were where it all started for me. I bought my first one (which I still have) when I was 14 which is longer ago than I care to admit..lol. Post up some pics so we can see what you bought! And if they need anything I stand ready. And here's a site that you might find useful.
https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

My first watch which I just got is on its way to Dave movement is a bitch to wind..Super tight, otherwise really nice in my eyes.
18s Hampden 1911

Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Hampden are reliable movements, it's probably just needing a service. These are loud when serviced and adjusted.
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

This one arrived yesterday.

Tragically in adjusted to the fastest position this one loses about 5 minutes a day so it will go to [mention]unreformed66[/mention] soon as well.
Last edited by Thrasher on July 17th, 2019, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

[mention]Yoda[/mention] I actually like to hear the movement ticking
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Thrasher wrote: July 17th, 2019, 10:16 am @Yoda I actually like to hear the movement ticking
Me too, the louder the better!