Vintage Pocket Watch REPUTABLE DEALER?

Vintage pieces, golden era of USA pocket watches, etc
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Vintage Pocket Watch REPUTABLE DEALER?

Post by Thrasher »

Can anyone give me some reputable trustworthy Vintage Pocket watch dealers Links? Please , eBay sellers who specialize in Pocket watches? Prefer size 20 18 and 16.
I want to go up to Los Angeles I live 25 miles south and look here: https://wannabuyawatch.com/product-cate ... ket-watch/

I prefer Omega, Hamilton, Waltham, Railroad watch and Gold or Silver.

Any references would be appreciated I'm new to Pocket watches and know little to 0
unreformed66
VIP
VIP

Re: Vintage Pocket Watch REPUTABLE DEALER?

Post by unreformed66 »

Well I don't know if you'd consider me to be reputable :mrgreen: but I've been dealing in antique American pocket watches for a few decades now. By the way, the prices on the website you linked to are about DOUBLE and TRIPLE average retail on those particular watches.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

unreformed66 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 9:20 am Well I don't know if you'd consider me to be reputable :mrgreen: but I've been dealing in antique American pocket watches for a few decades now. By the way, the prices on the website you linked to are about DOUBLE and TRIPLE average retail on those particular watches.
My thoughts as well regarding the prices. With these prices I would start unloading all my pocket watches.

I would say yes to unreformed66 being a reputable seller/buyer/watchmaker.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Abarth
VIP
VIP

Post by Abarth »

Yoda wrote: July 9th, 2019, 10:09 am
unreformed66 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 9:20 am Well I don't know if you'd consider me to be reputable :mrgreen: but I've been dealing in antique American pocket watches for a few decades now. By the way, the prices on the website you linked to are about DOUBLE and TRIPLE average retail on those particular watches.
My thoughts as well regarding the prices. With these prices I would start unloading all my pocket watches.

I would say yes to unreformed66 being a reputable seller/buyer/watchmaker.
+!
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

[mention]unreformed66[/mention] has rebuilt a bunch of movements for me mostly A6497s of Dubious character and a 3602 and really done a great job. So please.. I consider Dave a friend of tremendous character.
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

Is there a thread here where I can see posted pictures of Members pocket watches???

[mention]unreformed66[/mention] You have anything like a size 18 or 20 in silver or gold with a white porcelain dial and history, something that would look great but still have had a practical purpose
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

Enamel Dial perhaps....I'm just starting to do some reading, Size 16 seems to be a standard size among RailRoad watches...I think American Made maybe in order
EBWing
VIP
VIP

Post by EBWing »

Yes @Unreformed66 he’s amazing You won’t be sorry!
unreformed66
VIP
VIP

Post by unreformed66 »

Yes, I've got some 16 size American railroad grade pocket watches that I'd consider selling.I've also got lots of 18 size watches. 20 size is not a standard American size. I'll get some pictures and prices together for you when I get a chance if you're interested. To be a true "Railroad" watch there were strict specifications, especially after the turn of the 20th century. 16 size, open face, winding at 12:00, 21 or more jewels, lever set, adjusted to at least 5 positions, bold black arabic numeral glass enamel dial and etc. And the rules could vary slightly from one railroad to another. Some only certified certain grades of certain brands. And the term "porcelain" dial is a misnomer, they are actually fired glass enamel.
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

unreformed66 wrote: July 9th, 2019, 10:32 pm Yes, I've got some 16 size American railroad grade pocket watches that I'd consider selling.I've also got lots of 18 size watches. 20 size is not a standard American size. I'll get some pictures and prices together for you when I get a chance if you're interested. To be a true "Railroad" watch there were strict specifications, especially after the turn of the 20th century. 16 size, open face, winding at 12:00, 21 or more jewels, lever set, adjusted to at least 5 positions, bold black arabic numeral glass enamel dial and etc. And the rules could vary slightly from one railroad to another. Some only certified certain grades of certain brands. And the term "porcelain" dial is a misnomer, they are actually fired glass enamel.

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I may post some examples of what I find around the net and you can advise. Size 18 would be best and I would rather buy from you or at least have your guidance on what is good and fair and what is not! Thank You :D