In between

General watch-related discussion
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

In between

Post by Yoda »

I bought an incomplete G. Boley screw head polishing tool many years ago, wrecked case and the parts for polishing the screw heads were missing...

So I pulled it out today and turned two of the three parts for polishing.

Later on I will need to clean up the case and glue it back together as it was. The case came to me as a wreck, the seller was an idiot and didn't pack it as it should have been packed, so it looked like a mess.

Not that I have ever missed using it, but it has been on my mind somewhere deep inside and perhaps some day...
20210409_213756_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Phaedros
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Re: In between

Post by Phaedros »

Ooooh shiney! These cleaned up nicely - must have been quite some work. Thank you for showing.
„I asked her for gasoline, she gave me water...“

Me, side of the road, pushing my bike.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Phaedros wrote: April 9th, 2021, 3:37 pm Ooooh shiney! These cleaned up nicely - must have been quite some work. Thank you for showing.
A few hours, some brass, steel and patience. Everything made from scratch.
djolemag
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by djolemag »

Yoda wrote:
Phaedros wrote: April 9th, 2021, 3:37 pm Ooooh shiney! These cleaned up nicely - must have been quite some work. Thank you for showing.
Have similar, I turned new discs also, except I made three of them: steel, bronze and wood... Didn't tried yet but it looks fancy [emoji4]
Will try to find pictures in my phone somewhere...
Great work Michael [emoji106]

Sent from my P30 using Tapatalk

Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Resized_20210409_141602.jpg
Resized_20210409_141529_1_.jpg
Rebuilt a sohc Honda 750 Four engine and had the frame powder coated this winter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phaedros
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Phaedros »

Yoda wrote: April 9th, 2021, 4:24 pm
I see, you fabricated those wheels entirely to go with the tool you have - what a nice piece of work!

Man, that Honda is looking mean already, I can almost hear her scream... four cylinders in a row are hard to beat. Are you planning on going four-in-one there or four/ four?

Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Phaedros wrote: April 12th, 2021, 12:14 pm
I see, you fabricated those wheels entirely to go with the tool you have - what a nice piece of work!

Man, that Honda is looking mean already, I can almost hear her scream... four cylinders in a row are hard to beat. Are you planning on going four-in-one there or four/ four?
I am an old school custom builder, four-in-one. Everything else are for girls...LOL! Next will be my Yoshimura racer, I need time, and funds...

This one, 150 hours and $12K in parts alone.

In case you sit and wonder...there is a Jaguar V12 under one cover and an E-type under the other...
Phaedros
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Phaedros »

Yoda wrote: April 12th, 2021, 12:24 pm

I am an old school custom builder, four-in-one. Everything else are for girls...LOL! Next will be my Yoshimura racer, I need time, and funds...

In case you sit and wonder...there is a Jaguar V12 under one cover and an E-type under the other...
I knew it! You‘ll need to wear some sturdy pants on that rocket :lol: geez don’t tell me about time and funds...

An E-Type? I need to get out of here - this is madness! The little boxer of mine is having an identity crisis right now...

Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Phaedros wrote: April 12th, 2021, 12:37 pm
Yoda wrote: April 12th, 2021, 12:24 pm

I knew it! You‘ll need to wear some sturdy pants on that rocket :lol: geez don’t tell me about time and funds...

An E-Type? I need to get out of here - this is madness! The little boxer of mine is having an identity crisis right now...

That boxer is a serious upgrade, more cc? I see quite a few "exotic" parts, great!
What's going on with it?
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

I once had a Volkswagen with an upgraded engine, it was a cool car. I remember that adjusting the carbs by ear in the middle of the winter was a pain in the ass. LOL!
I was younger then, time and cold wasn't a big deal.