Bike lover

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Good neighbour

Duplicate Bills WARNING

Post by Thrasher »

I hope you guys pay attention to your Doctor bills, Over the course of my entire life 58 years I have paid attention to my bills and have found that Doctors offices and the Medical business consistently double bill, Triple bill and over bill. I have never found a situation where they undercharged me or my family and never once received a refund for overpayment. Beware these people are the worst offenders!!!!!!!!!
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Re: Duplicate Bills WARNING

Post by Yoda »

I pay cash when seeing my doctor and have never had any problems.
Something like $28 and that is that.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Aikidosan
VIP
VIP

Sasquatch

Mini Chat Squatter

I'm hot

MM perv

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Good neighbour

Post by Aikidosan »

It's called cost shifting :roll:
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Mini Chat Squatter

I'm hot

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Good neighbour

Post by Emilio »

We have to deal with that shit (too often) when buying from the main suppliers for our store

But they get mad when a direct debit bank payment gets rejected by our bank due to it being charged to us on the wrong day which is set by a formal agreement beforehand (they have to pay a small fee for being stupid... I mean, getting rejected)

Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Bike lover

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Good neighbour

Post by Thrasher »

I dont particularly blame the Doctors because they use a billing service in many cases but its consistent from one Doctor to another using different billing service and even in house accountants, I dont know if they are corrupt criminals or just Stupid, I think both but I'm sure the overbilling must amount to 100s of Millions if not Billions nationwide.
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Strap maker

Post by straps68 »

For a long time I've wished all doctors were like Becker.
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Sponsor

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Strap maker

Post by blueradish »

It's unfortunate people have to pay. Up here, we just walk out after a visit or surgery. That being said we are one of the highest taxed countries in the world.
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Microbrand guru

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Duplicate Bills WARNING

Post by jrlmsla »

Thrasher wrote:I hope you guys pay attention to your Doctor bills, Over the course of my entire life 58 years I have paid attention to my bills and have found that Doctors offices and the Medical business consistently double bill, Triple bill and over bill. I have never found a situation where they undercharged me or my family and never once received a refund for overpayment. Beware these people are the worst offenders!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean by double or triple bill?

Like you have an ingrown toenail removed and the procedure costs $100. They bill the insurance $100 and the insurance company pays them $100 and then they bill you $100 for the same thing like insurance never payed?

Or do you mean the insurance was billed for the ingrown toenail removal at a fee of $100, of which the insurance payed $65 and then the doctor bills you for the remaining $35?
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Bike lover

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Good neighbour

Post by Thrasher »

jrlmsla wrote: April 1st, 2021, 7:00 pm
Thrasher wrote:I hope you guys pay attention to your Doctor bills, Over the course of my entire life 58 years I have paid attention to my bills and have found that Doctors offices and the Medical business consistently double bill, Triple bill and over bill. I have never found a situation where they undercharged me or my family and never once received a refund for overpayment. Beware these people are the worst offenders!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean by double or triple bill?

Like you have an ingrown toenail removed and the procedure costs $100. They bill the insurance $100 and the insurance company pays them $100 and then they bill you $100 for the same thing like insurance never payed?

Or do you mean the insurance was billed for the ingrown toenail removal at a fee of $100, of which the insurance payed $65 and then the doctor bills you for the remaining $35?
What I mean is 100 billed to insurance then 35 billed to me which I pay and then a month or two or three later I'm billed again for the same 35 which I do or dont pay depending on If I remember they were paid then another month or two later again billed for 35.

In one particular recent case Doctors office claimed they never got the check from my bank which I paid online and then bank sends a check if they are not electronically connected. so I mailed a check myself, Following week I'm in the bank and ask if first check was ever cashed from this date three months ago. Bank says yes it was cashed and I have to call Drs office who then finds check was cashed and issues a credit to our account 6 months later and says they will apply it to our account on next visit.... Next visit and they dont apply credit and I have to call. I have had similar things happen with other Doctors here in Southern California. My insurance Blue Cross PPO. I dont blame the Doctors accounting is not their business but the companies or accountants they use are either corrupt or incompetent. And numbers are never as easy as 100 - 65 = 35 , Its always something like 239.42 - 61.85 etc so its not as easy to remember
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Microbrand guru

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by jrlmsla »

I agree completely it never is as simple as my example. If only some peoples businesses were ran as well as we run our own finances