all "Age Girl" watches are reps with logos
TUFF Stough
Centurion
Centurion

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Interesting Aliexpress finds

Post by TUFF Stough »

the same seller also have depth gauge with the same brand too. it's described as GMT.
Last edited by TUFF Stough on January 27th, 2021, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kp0y
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Skillful builder

Good neighbour

Re: Interesting Aliexpress finds

Post by Kp0y »

Emilio wrote:
TUFF Stough wrote:and it says 60mm

Limited Big Size 60mm Classic New Men Automatic Mechanical Sapphire Stainless Steel Green Luminous Brown Leather Watch AAA+
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0pULyD
I think people receive a rep (RP dial) instead of the pictured watch.
This is 55mm version if anyone put an eye on it :)
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Mini Chat Squatter

I'm hot

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Good neighbour

Post by Emilio »

Kp0y wrote:
Emilio wrote:

Limited Big Size 60mm Classic New Men Automatic Mechanical Sapphire Stainless Steel Green Luminous Brown Leather Watch AAA+
I always forget about that issue, 60mm with CG is not the same as 60mm without. Thanks for clarifying.
earloflondon
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Post by earloflondon »

Kp0y wrote:
Emilio wrote:

Is that right? You mean this is smaller than the original 60mm big egi and larger than the 52mm and 47mm versions? If that's so, it's more wearable than the big egi. That's good news Image

Sent from my SM-M205F using Tapatalk

TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

I stand by my comments over the years, and I've tried to get Joe, River and other makers to jump at it ... If someone makes a more manageable EGI in a 45 or 47mm case, and in titanium or bronze ... shit, even in steel. Those will sell like hot cakes!! Wrist size is like Bell Curves ... way way way less guys around the world are going to wear a massive 50mm+ watch, however a large CrAP load of guys on here, and on the REP forums will jump on a more wearable 45/47mm version of EGI ... it doesn't matter if it's not historically correct. And you can still drop in any range of movements .. and it would be comfortable to wear. Bless you guys out there with the 8"+ wrists that wear the original EGI 60mm or MM ... but the majority of guys around here have 7" wrists, give or take. It just makes sense that if a builder makes it, the demand will be there in bunches. Or someone run a batch of 47mm Ti MM cases .. River won't do it.

earloflondon wrote: January 31st, 2021, 12:16 pm
Kp0y wrote:
Emilio wrote:I think people receive a rep (RP dial) instead of the pictured watch.
Is that right? You mean this is smaller than the original 60mm big egi and larger than the 52mm and 47mm versions? If that's so, it's more wearable than the big egi. That's good news Image

Alpacalypse Now
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Microbrand guru

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by jrlmsla »

TimemiT wrote:I stand by my comments over the years, and I've tried to get Joe, River and other makers to jump at it ... If someone makes a more manageable MM or EGI in a 45 or 47mm case, and in titanium or bronze ... shit, even in steel. Those will sell like hot cakes!! Wrist size is like Bell Curves ... way way way less guys around the world are going to wear a massive 50mm+ watch, however a large CrAP load of guys on here, and on the REP forums will jump on a more wearable 45/47mm version of EGI or MM ... it doesn't matter if it's not historically correct. And you can still drop in any range of movements .. and it would be comfortable to wear.
earloflondon wrote: January 31st, 2021, 12:16 pm
Kp0y wrote:This is 55mm version if anyone put an eye on it :)

Completely agree. And on the other side of the bell curve are the awesome designs of skin diver watches from the 60-80s. Cool colors and look to them but most are 36mmish. Way too small.
Like this one at a whopping 32mm
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

Will men ever go back to wearing 34mm and 36mm Oyster case watches :?: ?? ... or are we now stuck in the +40mm case size range? .. even >44mm cases

[quote=jrlmsla post_id=72708 time=1612124622 user_id=381]
[quote="TimemiT"]I stand by my comments over the years, and I've tried to get Joe, River and other makers to jump at it ... If someone makes a more manageable MM or EGI in a 45 or 47mm case, and in titanium or bronze ... shit, even in steel. Those will sell like hot cakes!! Wrist size is like Bell Curves ... way way way less guys around the world are going to wear a massive 50mm+ watch, however a large CrAP load of guys on here, and on the REP forums will jump on a more wearable 45/47mm version of EGI or MM ... it doesn't matter if it's not historically correct. And you can still drop in any range of movements .. and it would be comfortable to wear.

[quote=earloflondon post_id=72692 time=1612116967 user_id=432]

[/quote][/quote]
Completely agree. And on the other side of the bell curve are the awesome designs of skin diver watches from the 60-80s. Cool colors and look to them but most are 36mmish. Way too small.
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202101 ... 49d8f9.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
Alpacalypse Now
jrlmsla
VIP
VIP

Microbrand guru

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Post by jrlmsla »

TimemiT wrote:Will men ever go back to wearing 34mm and 36mm Oyster case watches :?: ?? ... or are we now stuck in the +40mm case size range? .. even >44mm cases
jrlmsla wrote: January 31st, 2021, 2:23 pm
TimemiT wrote:I stand by my comments over the years, and I've tried to get Joe, River and other makers to jump at it ... If someone makes a more manageable MM or EGI in a 45 or 47mm case, and in titanium or bronze ... shit, even in steel. Those will sell like hot cakes!! Wrist size is like Bell Curves ... way way way less guys around the world are going to wear a massive 50mm+ watch, however a large CrAP load of guys on here, and on the REP forums will jump on a more wearable 45/47mm version of EGI or MM ... it doesn't matter if it's not historically correct. And you can still drop in any range of movements .. and it would be comfortable to wear.
In my opinion no.
And here’s why:

In and Out
Five Guys
Sonic
Taco Bell
On and on
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

I agree .... no man will ever go back to wearing a <40mm watch .... even the pricing is higher for watches of +40mm case size
Alpacalypse Now