UV Glue as lume binder

General watch-related discussion
chrislovessushi
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

UV Glue as lume binder

Post by chrislovessushi »

I’m sure a lot of people do this but I just sort of stumbled upon the idea today. Using UV glue as binder for my lume made things sooooo easy to work with and I was able to add a lot more powder than usual. The instant dry time is a huge bonus. Im also assuming the sealed up leftover mixture I have can still be used more tomorrow. Plus once I cure it I feel a lot more confident about sanding the back side down. I see so many benefits to using this as my binder from now on. I was wondering what the down sides are if any?
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Re: UV Glue as lume binder

Post by Tanukjaju »

I just got it last week....

I saw a post where [mention]wwwEvgeny[/mention] used that and his results were amazing! I will share one day when I get to try it out.
:shifty:

djolemag
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by djolemag »

There is UV clearcoat for nail manicure, used as finish. Cheap and efficient[emoji106]

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

chrislovessushi wrote: May 16th, 2020, 11:56 am I was wondering what the down sides are if any?
If your resin gets contaminated by external factors such as grease, sweat, chemicals, etc might not be able to set, ever.

UV resin has an expiration date (maybe not shown on the package). After some time (a year from fabrication?) it gets spoiled and never gets fully cured under UV light.

Some cure accelerators are sold and they are alcohol-based. Too much alcohol will destroy it.

There should be no problems if it's fresh.