How Covid has changed the hobby for you

General watch-related discussion
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

How Covid has changed the hobby for you

Post by Tanukjaju »

1). I now have a package of watches that been sitting in customs clearance for 6 days
2). I wanted to get orange paint at Michaels (a hobby shop) but have to go through amazon
3). I don’t want to ship international as it means going to the post office
:shifty:

Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: How Covid has changed the hobby for you

Post by Emilio »

things that have changed:

1) I go to the post office as often as possible to send parts/dials for our fellow members. I don't have to touch anything (literally, the door is open, etc) and contact with people is minimum.

2) I tend to "live" with the "defects" I see on my own builds since I force myself to use the old stock from my parts bin (to avoid shipping to me).

3) I finally listened to Lou after so many years :D and I'm pushing many unfinished projects just to get them done (and occupy my mind).
blueradish
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by blueradish »

As with Emilio, I now have the time to work on all those old projects. Otherwise not much has changed, I work from home and mostly hang at home so being stuck in the house isn't a bad thing.
Click the banner below to go to my Strap Gallery

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Emilio wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 11:22 am things that have changed:

1) I go to the post office as often as possible to send parts/dials for our fellow members. I don't have to touch anything (literally, the door is open, etc) and contact with people is minimum.
US mail is pay online and drop off in the mailbox for my mail lady to pick up. Once I have to fill a customs form, it’s 10 mins in line minimum and 5-10 at the counter as the mail clerk types everything I filled into the computer.

[mention]blueradish[/mention] I love being home too and being with my family. Not everyone does though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... down%3famp
:shifty:

Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

We don't need to fill in extra documents in here. And I suppose we can ask the postal service to pick up the packages at our doorstep online.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

everything sits and waits ...

foreign packages may get additional segregation ... especially those coming from Asia?

more workers may be calling in sick, and packages backing up in the que due to priority items that need to be shipped or handled

I stopped ordering everything and anything ... and I got all my movements back from Jorge prior to all the shit breaking loose (Fedex Express is still fast and prompt)

I have to believe that REP makers over in China are taking a hit, not all factories are up and running yet ... but some of the big guys are up ... I get the usual emails everyday about the latest and greatest Rolex, Patek or AP, etc ... some discounts are being offered, however it's really nothing out of this world. They are offering like $15 off, say like a $400 Rep.

I haven't bought a new Rep in a couple years ... Homage movements and builds have been taking my recent money ... like a Red Light district hooker on a Friday night. :D
Alpacalypse Now
hako

Post by hako »

Tanukjaju wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 12:07 pm @blueradish I love being home too and being with my family. Not everyone does though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... down%3famp
For certain types this lockdown ist just... :P

====================================
Da builds: http://homage-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59#p101
====================================
tafari
VIP
VIP

Post by tafari »

I have more times for my buids, I still have a lot unfinished projects.

but honestly, I’m not really sure what I think about this covid19.
for now I think more that everything is provided by the politicians and they use the media to manipulate the people. whatever is the plan, I’m 100% sure something is going on. I’m living in north germany a city Bremerhaven with a big harbor, at the the end of january the US Army started to build a base for 2000 soldiers, like 100km far from my city. the purpose should be a training. but from january till some weeks ago the US Army started carry all kind of heavy vehicles from my city to the base. my city was since ever very important for the US Army because of the harbor and everything they use for their conflicts around europe, was coming through the harbor in my city....I’m 100% sure there is something wrong what they telling us.
listen to this man, there is truth in what he is saying

https://youtu.be/3gAuH6bVDNg
Pickledbeetroot
VIP
VIP

Post by Pickledbeetroot »

:lol: rI wanted it to but my 7 year old boy has other ideas....
I’ve not been here for quite some time and as work has slowed down to a 2 or 3 day working week for me now I dug out all my part finished builds, dials hands cases etc with a view to at least getting myself organised today to get some bits done..... alas it was not to be :lol: :lol:

Lego trucks “Mad Max” style :D

There were lots more too :lol:
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

I see Homer's car! [emoji7]