Do not do anything on the 1st of January!

General watch-related discussion
tafari
VIP
VIP

Re: Do not do anything on the 1st of January!

Post by tafari »

hako wrote:Fitting the main plate must be a nightmare....
11 jewels....
really it must be terrible [emoji28]
I see this movement as a very great innovation of a mechanical movement pimpt up with a small electronic chip. very interesting.

bmsm
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by bmsm »

Yoda wrote:
bmsm wrote: January 4th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Yoda wrote:Seiko GS.jpg
Isn’t this the same caliber used by the King Seiko 4502-7001?
Not that I know.

That one is from a King Seiko. They look the same.
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

[mention]Yoda[/mention] Your Jan 1st was my March 30th. I went out to the garage in the morning in my boxers and nothing else..No Shoes! Walked over to the work bench were I have a $54 gallon of paint I had planned on using. each day I give it a little shake and flip it upside down to keep the contents well mixed. March 30th I dropped it on my right foot, One full gallon in a metal can , the bottom edge of the can slide down my shin tearing off a nice patch of skin then the opposite side hit my big toe as it rotated and landed on its side on the garage floor the lid popped off splashing and spraying everywhere......so as I refused to make a sound or acknowledge the pain I spent the next hour cleaning up the mess.....But there is more...The day is not over....A couple hours later my beautiful new Alienware AW3420DW monitor arrived and while setup was a breeze and it looks terrific I managed to cut my left shin open on a razor sharp edge (Imagine large paper cut) of the giant cardboard box and this really liked to bleed....Total mess of a day...By the way have you picked up all your parts yet?
Thrasher
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by Thrasher »

Yoda wrote: April 1st, 2020, 11:19 am
Thrasher wrote: April 1st, 2020, 10:55 am @Yoda Your Jan 1st was my March 30th. I went out to the garage in the morning in my boxers and nothing else..No Shoes! Walked over to the work bench were I have a $54 gallon of paint I had planned on using. each day I give it a little shake and flip it upside down to keep the contents well mixed. March 30th I dropped it on my right foot, One full gallon in a metal can , the bottom edge of the can slide down my shin tearing off a nice patch of skin then the opposite side hit my big toe as it rotated and landed on its side on the garage floor the lid popped off splashing and spraying everywhere......so as I refused to make a sound or acknowledge the pain I spent the next hour cleaning up the mess.....But there is more...The day is not over....A couple hours later my beautiful new Alienware AW3420DW monitor arrived and while setup was a breeze and it looks terrific I managed to cut my left shin open on a razor sharp edge (Imagine large paper cut) of the giant cardboard box and this really liked to bleed....Total mess of a day...By the way have you picked up all your parts yet?
Ouch, god damn it! I can easily image these "events", not really fun at all. The sharp edges on paper and boxes is really something to be careful with.

On the paint theme, I have a friend who is a painter, he drives an old Volvo 240 and one day he was forced to hit the side of the road because the brakes weren't braking as hard as they should, the car rolled over and there was paint everywhere inside…..
I was really amazed at how much is in a gallon when its spread all over the floor....Thankfully it was water based paint and not oil based. When I want oil based interior house paint I have to drive to Nevada....California is Ridiculous with regulations, taxes and fraud....But its beautiful to live next to the Pacific Ocean.