Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Place for purchase

Post by earloflondon »

Did any of you gentlemen have any experience with this site
https://www.replicahause.eu/? Would you recommend it if you had any?

It looks they have a large range of items from many different brands though they are considerably very expensive.

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tapatalk

TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Re: Place for purchase

Post by TimemiT »

Honestly .. from my years of experience I would stick to the main players like:

Puretime (https://puretimewatch dot io)
Trustytime. (http://www.trustytime01dot cc)
Kuvarsit. (https://kuvarsit06 dot com)

You want to click on their links that say something like "New Arrivals". or "Recent Additions" ... otherwise, you can get lost in those sites, and many of those models you may see are no longer available. (however, they tricky bastards keep the photos on their sites).

if you are looking for older style panerai, there is Davidsen

Other's may have their preference... but those are the big guys, they provide QC photos before they ship to you. Unfortunately most only take wire, western union or bitcoin. After all .. you really don't want a paper trail that you ordered a replica watch. ;)

There are smaller replica sellers ... however, they are limited in their stock, and usually they go out and purchase the watch from the maker, then bring it back ... if you don't like something in the QC photos ... sometimes it's tough luck. You really want to get nice QC photos before you say "YES - ship to me" ... these are not rocket engineers, so there may be copies that have little things that may be off ... that is ... if you are a real OCD PITA. If you understand that these are replicas and they will have their defects, then you will be Ok. Temper your exceptions.

The larger makers have much larger access to inventory and makers, and are more reliable in shipping. Also all the photos on their sites are of the actual replicas ... they don't try to lure you in with Genuine photos .. like other sites do.

Also, depends where you live ... some countries have really tough customs monitoring ... so you have to inquire about that.

Regarding that site ... the prices are way too high for those models.

Alpacalypse Now
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

Words of wisdom here, thanks TimemiT!
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
earloflondon
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Post by earloflondon »

Yeah mates. I thank you both. Very concise summary of the homage dealers.
Experience matters I know, and I should humbly say that I have bought mostly all of my watches and parts from Jackson, Silix, Nightwatch, River, Athaya, Supermirror, Davidsen, Rafflestime, Rafflesdials, Parnis, Amazon US and UK, DHGATE and cousinsUK etc. I also had conversations with Marywatch, Rubyswatch, Perfect Clones, ToroBravo, Yukiwatch and a couple of others on many occasions. I had once a payment issue through WU to a webpage dealer whose name wasn't among TDs on none of the homage pages when I was inexperienced. I was warned about the higher prices on another site by a vet member. I know that is why TDs exist and are pronounced constantly.
My take on this site is very similar concerning the prices of those items, Swiss ones as they claim. Still, those they claim with Japanese movts seem to have reasonable prices. The pics also look professionally prepared compared to other dealers' websites, which I know can be misleading. To be honest, I visited their page a couple of times and this time while hunting for a Mare Nostrum with a mechanical movt, and a reasonable price tag. I looked at the prices on most TDs and didn't find any lower than these. I also asked Michelle from Silix and she said they are not manufactured anymore. I know one of the best bets on Mare Nostrum is to buy a Kpoy one or one from Kpoy himself. But either they happen to appear very occasionally or expensive by my standards unfortunately when they do.
I agree with you about the issues you mentioned on QC pics, inventory availability and other stuff for the dealers. Still, being not as very experienced as you gents, and a noob homage lover I try to search for and gather information about alternative suppliers as I did this time. Maybe I should have asked where I could cater a Mare Nostrum at a reasonable cost in the very beginning

Last edited by earloflondon on October 16th, 2019, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Mini Chat Squatter

Car lover

Bike lover

Knife maker

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Watchmaker

Good neighbour

Post by Yoda »

earloflondon wrote: October 16th, 2019, 3:26 pm Yeah mates. I thank you both. Very concise summary of the homage dealers.
Experience matters I know, and I should humbly say that I have bought mostly all of my watches and parts from Jackson, Silix, Nightwatch, River, Athaya, Supermirror, Davidsen, Rafflestime, Rafflesdials, Parnis, Amazon US and UK, DHGATE and cousinsUK etc. I also had conversations with Marywatch, Rubyswatch, Perfect Clones, ToroBravo and a couple of others on many occasions. I had once a payment issue through WU to a webpage dealer whose name wasn't among TDs on none of the homage pages when I was inexperienced. I was warned about the higher prices on another site by a vet member. I know that is why TDs exist and are pronounced constantly.
My take on this site is very similar concerning the prices of those items, Swiss ones as they claim. Still, those they claim with Japanese movts seem to have reasonable prices. The pics also look professionally prepared compared to other dealers' websites, which I know can be misleading. To be honest, I visited their page a couple of times and this time while hunting for a Mare Nostrum with a mechanical movt, and a reasonable price tag. I looked at the prices on most TDs and didn't find any lower than these. I also asked Michelle from Silix and she said they are not manufactured anymore. I know one of the best bets on Mare Nostrum is to buy a Kpoy one or one from Kpoy himself. But either they happen to appear very occasionally or expensive by my standards unfortunately when they do.
I agree with you about the issues you mentioned on QC pics, inventory availability and other stuff for the dealers. Still, being not as very experienced as you gents, and a noob homage lover I try to search for and gather information about alternative suppliers as I did this time. Maybe I should have asked where I could cater a Mare Nostrum at a reasonable cost in the very beginning Image
You are certainly not a noob when it comes to having dealt with these dealers, I am completely lost and was using Google to find these I have never heard of. I know eight of them, the rest are all new to me.
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

The big TD's that I mentioned earlier ... have better and direct access to the premier makers like Noob, JF, ZF factories, ... inventory like those new 904L steel Rolex models, etc. I wouldn't touch BP replicas and some of those new makers that have popped up. My lithmus test for a well made Rolex Rep is still the SEL fitment into the case, the machining on the backside where he SEL fit into the case, little details. None of these guys are still as precise and tight like the GEN, but close enough to satisfy like 90% of buyers.

I have bought parts from Supermirror (Sead) and Toro ... but never full watches. I was going to place an order once, and Toro wanted just way too much personal information that I never had to give to other TD's. Remember, when you sign on and give your personal information on these REP sites .. these guys also use that information and sell it to other players that then use it to send you phishing emails. You would be surprised how much crap and virus attachment emails I get on my specific email address .. that I only use to deal with these guys ... so there is that element of dealing with Rep sites.

I always pay in WU because you can get an additional discount, never had lost a watch in over 10 years. I have always been skeptical whenever I see a new website that is selling Panerai and stating that it has genuine Swiss movement and they are charging extra hundreds for it. Only way that a Swiss movement is seen in a rep Panerai is when 3rd party modders have done the work, and that usually requires some skilled work, and then you are talking prices to double and triple.

My experience on those sites go over 10+ years of almost daily activity, reading, learning, etc ... I've seen quite a bit in my time with regards to Reps ... enough so that I can avoid getting ripped off when buying Gen watches.

Silix, Jackson, Ruby, Mary, etc ... they mainly deal with these older vintage builds. They are no where near the quality and finish of what I have seen the Noob or JF makers put out. Then again, they operate and provide a totally different product.

Stick with the big and trusted dealers if you are looking for newer style Reps ... you will never go wrong. They have their reputation to keep up in these sites.

I am a member of both families of fora ... I never cross the two, however I use the knowledge from one, to police the other ... when I see folks trying to pass REPs as GEN. Also on Ebay. It gives a bad name to REP forums, because there are a lot of great an knowledgeable members on those forum that are genuine watch collectors and smiths. I try to preach this to newer members, or members on GEN forum that have this old idea that REP forums are "The Devil!" or just full of scum trying to sell replicas as GEN. Many times there is 10x wealth of detail watch knowledge on REP sites than there are on GEN sites.

Replicas are everywhere ... whenever you buy a generic product at the store, pills, bottled water, toilet paper, etc ... those are replica products. Sure, I may be casting a wide net here to include replica watches ... but it's not too far.
Last edited by TimemiT on October 16th, 2019, 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alpacalypse Now
earloflondon
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Post by earloflondon »

Well Yoda, let's say I am a quick learner and ask well formulated and well thought out questions probably. Here I will not humble myself as I have done it all my life for the last 40+ years ( and I will turn to 51 tonight ). Anyway, I really am noob as I have only been in the homage world for just two years. Yes, I have fewer and fewer and questions compared to when I started learning about this fascinating hobby (I mean the homage watches) after having spent more than 20k on the gens since 2000.

Well sir, I consider myself the Miki Mouse in Disneyland when I see the unparalleled talents on HF and on the very few other fora.

A word of caution is worth mentioning here; people may think that I am associated with the web page I questioned about which is NOT an issue and no such thing can and will ever be. I'm just a plain and simple enthusiast, nothing more

earloflondon
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

Prolific poster

Post by earloflondon »

You see, experience really counts. A lot of valuable information and experience money can't buy. Thanks mate

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tapatalk

TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut