I had an interesting conversation with a friend...

General watch-related discussion
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

I had an interesting conversation with a friend...

Post by Yoda »

It's me again..

I had an interesting conversation with a good friend today. Thoughts and questions.

I do really focus on the bright things, life in general, family, H-F, friends, watches, repairs, restorations, making parts, a conversation with one of the nerds I know around here, hell, I am alive.

But, sometimes I miss the conversations with the people who are now long gone, the questions I never asked, the answers I never got and it makes me enter zombie mode when I think of how fragile life is. We thought that we would live forever when we were young, but years have passed and family and friends are gone. I have attended more funerals than most people can even imagine, mostly because of my line of work, it sums up and sometimes it seems hopeless, some days are really really nasty..

It makes it easier to handle when I sit down with a difficult issue in a movement, time is not existing then.

It's possible that I have gone much softer lately, possibly because I realize that it eventually will be my turn.

Still, we are here now and it is our damn obligation to make the best of the short time we are here. I won't go quietly into the night, that's a promise!
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
daevildog

Re: I had an interesting conversation with a friend...

Post by daevildog »

I fully concur.... Despite my growing fatigue and cynicism, I have grown more appreciative of the blessings I have in my life.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Thanks for the reflection of the day.

Something to consider.
EP.-
VIP
VIP

Post by EP.- »

I share yours feelings
cosmic2000
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by cosmic2000 »

Dear yoda,
the ones who have gone before us are still around and with us, that's what I believe. I don't talk about hokuspokus and glasbowls. I talk about situations in my life where I was led through in a certain way, about coincidences that are too weird to just have happened by chance.
Phaedros
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Phaedros »

So much truth - Thank you Yoda for putting these words out!
Life seems to peel away layer after layer of ease and still there is no solution but optimism...

When my wife got diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer at the beginning of her pregnancy we were about to break, still today, about two weeks away from becoming a little family her state, even after chemo, is a miracle to the docs and better than anyone could have hoped for.
Corona f*ed up my event-business of 20 years and I‘m basically down to my life savings right now but I got the chance to stand by her and never had to compromise between my family and the job once.

What I‘m trying to say is that there’s food on the table, wonderful friends sitting by, two dogs giving the puppy eye, the greatest woman by my side and I‘ll be a dad soon - life can be a b*tch but it still is the greatest thing one can experience.

When times get really tough the shop sometimes is the only haven for my sanity - and it does work wonders...
„I asked her for gasoline, she gave me water...“

Me, side of the road, pushing my bike.
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Phaedros wrote:So much truth - Thank you Yoda for putting these words out!
Life seems to peel away layer after layer of ease and still there is no solution but optimism...

When my wife got diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer at the beginning of her pregnancy we were about to break, still today, about two weeks away from becoming a little family her state, even after chemo, is a miracle to the docs and better than anyone could have hoped for.
Corona f*ed up my event-business of 20 years and I‘m basically down to my life savings right now but I got the chance to stand by her and never had to compromise between my family and the job once.

What I‘m trying to say is that there’s food on the table, wonderful friends sitting by, two dogs giving the puppy eye, the greatest woman by my side and I‘ll be a dad soon - life can be a b*tch but it still is the greatest thing one can experience.

When times get really tough the shop sometimes is the only haven for my sanity - and it does work wonders...
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Best wishes
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

I wish you guys the best of luck through these hard times, believe me - I have been there more than once, both in my early life and in the present.
Phaedros
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by Phaedros »

Emilio, Yoda - thank you! This really means a lot to me!
„I asked her for gasoline, she gave me water...“

Me, side of the road, pushing my bike.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

Let us know how it goes, we are all ears and here for you.