(NSFW) Chinese Watch Review - What a $100 Parnis gets you

Affordable and covetable watches from China
Rotorua
Centurion
Centurion

Re: (NSFW) Chinese Watch Review - What a $100 Parnis gets you

Post by Rotorua »

macosie wrote: August 10th, 2018, 11:07 pm I'm a fan of P#nis... That sounds bad. One of mine runs +1.4 - +1.7. not even my Omega is that accurate and it's a chronometer.
Most of my projects have at least some P#nis parts in them. I do sterilise most of my P#nis dials. I'm not brave like the OP to show my P#nis around like that in public.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Well, if I had to show my P*nis here, how about you take a few pictures of yours? It's not exactly public, more like half-public. :lol:
+1.4s is pretty darn incredible.
"Morituri te salutant" Gladiators
"Morituri Nolumus Mori" Smart Gladiators
macosie
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by macosie »

All of these have P*nis bits. The white dial pamhom had P*nis on the dial and I removed it. It's actually Swiss powered. The Tokkotai homage is the accurate one. The Portuguese is all Corgeut (as far as I can tell, it's the same as P*nis) but had the white dial switched to a modded black dial and a change in crown(not pictured). The first watch has a twin that started out as a Corguet and the only way I can tell them apart is by looking at the mangled hands since the original was my first project. Image

macosie
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by macosie »

Note how long the straps are compared to the first, which I can't currently wear ( it's strap was moved to the Portuguese.)
So, I suppose my P*nis would be considered pretty long. And with the sizes being 44, 45, and 46mm, they have girth.
Yes, I'm proud.

Rotorua
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Rotorua »

Obvious connotations aside, you my friend apparently have quite a few P*nises to be proud of. Great builds, and now that you posted the picture, I realized that I read your build thread over on the old HF. Congratulations, what a great job. I am starting out pretty much the same way, but I'm already planning two, as you so aptly named them, pamhoms.

macosie wrote: August 18th, 2018, 11:59 am Note how long the straps are compared to the first, which I can't currently wear ( it's strap was moved to the Portuguese.)
So, I suppose my P*nis would be considered pretty long. And with the sizes being 44, 45, and 46mm, they have girth.
Yes, I'm proud.

macosie wrote: August 18th, 2018, 11:55 am All of these have P*nis bits. The white dial pamhom had P*nis on the dial and I removed it. It's actually Swiss powered. The Tokkotai homage is the accurate one. The Portuguese is all Corgeut (as far as I can tell, it's the same as P*nis) but had the white dial switched to a modded black dial and a change in crown(not pictured). The first watch has a twin that started out as a Corguet and the only way I can tell them apart is by looking at the mangled hands since the original was my first project.

"Morituri te salutant" Gladiators
"Morituri Nolumus Mori" Smart Gladiators
macosie
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by macosie »

Rotorua wrote:Obvious connotations aside, you my friend apparently have quite a few P*nises to be proud of. Great builds, and now that you posted the picture, I realized that I read your build thread over on the old HF. Congratulations, what a great job. I am starting out pretty much the same way, but I'm already planning two, as you so aptly named them, pamhoms.
Thanks Rotorua. I like the Parnis stuff. It is fun to build and comfortable to wear. Since I have no intention of building a historically accurate watch, the P*rnis/cartel parts do me fine.

Here is my new favourite:
Parnis Florence rose gold case w/ blackened engravings. It's a really close copy of the Panerai Firenze. I bought the r/g because I don't believe Panerai Ctually makes one.
Asian 6497
Asian r/g hands(for 47mm)
River T/O dial relumed by Mykeos (I saw another T/O dial on th e bay and I kinda wish I got it too. Love the HF logo. )

This is my first 47mm Parnis and I'm loving the size and wearability. It's temporarily on a Vesire strap, but it's not quite the look I want. I have a black 26mm on the way, though I could be tempted by a nice tan with black stitch. This strap is being saved for another project.

What I don't like... this one will fight with my Portuguese homage for wrist time.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Very nice build [mention]macosie[/mention] !!
:shifty:

Vesire
VIP
VIP

Post by Vesire »

That last golden one is very nice combo, im planing some stuff to make soon, i use also parnis parts, and im happy with the quality/price
toofsy
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by toofsy »

Hi, nice thread I like to play with this affordable watch...
Work in progress with pvirus on a custom dial, alpha handset, looking for another crown style (rlx 8mm?)

IconRays - aNYstrap - Ateliers d'Embellie
macosie
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by macosie »

Tanukjaju wrote:Very nice build [mention]macosie[/mention] !!
Thank you. Also, I'm enjoying this thread, thanks for starting it.
Vesire wrote:That last golden one is very nice combo, im planing some stuff to make soon, i use also parnis parts, and im happy with the quality/price
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your stuff.
toofsy wrote:Hi, nice thread I like to play with this affordable watch...
Work in progress with pvirus on a custom dial, alpha handset, looking for another crown style (rlx 8mm?)
Look forward to seeing that, too.

Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

macosie wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 12:09 pm
Tanukjaju wrote:Very nice build @macosie !!
Thank you. Also, I'm enjoying this thread, thanks for starting it.
Vesire wrote:That last golden one is very nice combo, im planing some stuff to make soon, i use also parnis parts, and im happy with the quality/price
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your stuff.
toofsy wrote:Hi, nice thread I like to play with this affordable watch...
Look forward to seeing that, too.

I love my 8 day builds and I love my affordable watches as much. Nothing like a customized watch that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg... a few fingers and toes ...
:shifty: