(NSFW) Chinese Watch Review - What a $100 Parnis gets you

Affordable and covetable watches from China
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

(NSFW) Chinese Watch Review - What a $100 Parnis gets you

Post by Tanukjaju »

Part 1: What I guess what some people call the unboxing... wait... there was no box...so I should say a nice unbubbling of some thick bubble packaging that ensured that the watch arrives in good condition. I figured that I would help get this this sub forum rolling. Shipping was relatively quick (about 10 days). I have bought many cases and watches from China..... so I will check to see over a few days/weeks to see if there are flaws ... or pleasant surprises.

:thumbup: I got this watch mainly because I was enamored by the matte bezel insert and this does check out to look as good as in the photos. No disappointment here. The unidirectional action is smooth though the 120 muted clicks.

:problem: the dial and hands are what they are... not really to my taste but taste are taste, so I’m leaving this as a neutral.

:thumbup: the main mid case is mostly nicely polished/brushed where it is visible

:thumbdown: there are a few weak spots in the finishing... sharp edges that you typically find on most Chinese made watches / cases. The inside edge of the lugs... the indices on the bezel...the edges on strap buckle

:thumbup: the strap itself is surprisingly supple though
:thumbdown: the deployment (?) style buckle was a little complicated and the fixed keeper was wrong. I would have preferred a regular watch strap.

:thumbup: The caseback design is interesting.. like a Rolex hybrid. Apparently it’s got a sapphire crystal.

More updates coming up as I plan to open her up.. check out the movement, accuracy, and make some mods ... muahahahha

:shifty:

aris.dayton

Re: Chinese Watch Review - What a $100 Parnis gets you

Post by aris.dayton »

sub'd :)
.................................................................................
6497 Dis/Assembly: https://www.eta.ch/swisslab/6497/6947.html
kilowattore
VIP
VIP

Post by kilowattore »

Nice base watch, it will be interesting to see what you can make out of it :)
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Subscribed [emoji851]
Vesire
VIP
VIP

Post by Vesire »

i've heared watches marked Parnis have better quality.
I would like also to see where you will go with this
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by straps68 »

So this is the Parnerol Submeriner :D ?

I'm sure the transformation will be interesting and much better looking.
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

[mention]kilowattore[/mention] [mention]Vesire[/mention]

You guys crack me up... we started a Chinese watch watch sub forum to see if there was any interest in affordable watches..and you guys are wondering how I’m going to mods this....not that I need any encouragement. :lol:

The plan is check things out....
Fun mod
Serious mod

Hope you guys will enjoy the Updates

Oh ...

:thumbdown: who brands a watch PARNIS...might as well call it DILSO or VUARGINA

Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

So.... timekeeping is great. I’m not OCD about timing but it still matches my iPhone 1 day later.

The lume looks like it was applied with 3 different types of lume. Color matches but they fade at totally different rates.

Thinking I might proceed with the quick and dirty mod and see how effective it is.

Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Tropic dial and call it a day! ... That would be too easy 🤣
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

—-THIS IS THE OFFICIAL END OF THE SERIOUS REVIEW

So I decided that part 1 to the mod should increase my odds at my local bar scene... after all the local guys with their flashy Rolexes and 600hp sports cars seem to get all the girls. Being creative the way I THInK I am... I decided to mod my PARNIS....it’s no Rolex, but it can help me with the girls for sure.

The E Mod

Step 1 was to open her up.... hey cool a Miyota..if anyone wants this movement In the near future, give me a PM....just pay shipping.

The plan is to ask the pretty girls at the bar if the wanted to see my (relatively) big Pen*s....and if she looks disgusted I would quickly show her my watch at laugh it off. If she seemed impressed, I would skip showing her the watch and buy her a drink

I decided to take pics like the younger bloggers do.... hey I said with a new found confidence...would you like to look at my big Pen*s...

as I moved in beside her and my camera switched to selfie mode, this was the last pic I took before waking up some time later face down on the bar floor.. The good news is that at least she didn’t hit me with a bottle...the bad news is my Pen*s is broken apparently when I hit the floor face first.