Post by Emilio »

Thanks for updating this.
cosmic2000
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Re: A better way to find Chinese homages

Post by cosmic2000 »

Great job, thanks.
I have stored both in my browser-favorites.
Cheers
straps68
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by straps68 »

djolemag wrote: March 9th, 2019, 4:24 pm Good job bro! So basically you are crawling aliexpress, since I see many search options there?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
He is not "basically crawling"...he will get paid if you click the links on his web site and/or buy the product - I don't know the details of the Aliexpress Affiliate Program.
r4zv
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by r4zv »

You are both right.

That data was crawled from Aliexpress, but, if you click the site's links before buying, I'll get a small share of that watch's price.
So far, it looks like that will be enough to cover the site's hosting.

However, you guys are not paying a cent more by clicking on those links and, if that's a problem, you can always use my site to filter and then buy them off of Aliexpress without clicking my site's links.
donnell
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by donnell »

useful tool, thanks for making this website. I don't mind the affiliated links myself but would be nice to mention that on the website just for sake of transparency...
r4zv
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by r4zv »

Thanks!
At some point, when I'll somehow stop being lazy, I'll write a text explaining how the site works, and the affiliate links will be one of the things I'll mention. I like transparency too.

I just finished extracting new data from Aliexpress, so everything will be up do date. This time, I also extracted watches with less than 10 reviews, but I added a filter for the minimum number of reviews in the search form.

Also, thanks to your kind suggestions, you'll now find a larger list of homages.
r4zv
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by r4zv »

Would you guys find it useful if my site also included the watches on Amazon.com?
I'm thinking it might be nice to have all the mainstream and Chinese brands in the same place.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

from a quality and precision point of view, there still is no substitute for what the main dealers produce ... the ZF, Noob, Kuvarsit, etc

even the stuff from Jackson, Helen or DSN are a step below the stuff that main factories put out

if you can find what happens to the excess case sets and parts that the large factories produce ... that would be fantastic!
Alpacalypse Now
r4zv
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by r4zv »

donnell wrote: May 17th, 2019, 4:28 am useful tool, thanks for making this website. I don't mind the affiliated links myself but would be nice to mention that on the website just for sake of transparency...
Done: https://www.homagefinder.com/about.php
r4zv
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by r4zv »

You can now also filter the watches by color.

When there are multiple versions of a certain product, my script checks if the seller mentioned any colors in their descriptions, which they don't always do. However, I think this should be useful.