1963 Chinese Mechanical Chronograph (re-issue)

Affordable and covetable watches from China
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: 1963 Chinese Mechanical Chronograph (re-issue)

Post by Emilio »

What did you search for on Ali to find it?

I have always wanted one since they first came out. [emoji3526]

jbglock wrote:
Tanukjaju wrote:How much can you get these for? Looks like a great watch ...
[mention]Ncrich[/mention] , what is the issue with the click spring? Just weak or does it break?
I had gotten mine off of Alie Express for about $155 plus shipping. It came with a nice green nato and a brown leather strap with quick release pins. Mine is the acrylic crystal version. The sapphire crystal version wasn't much more but I had read that version has less of a dome.

I had read also that with this movement is you press the top (start/stop) pusher lightly you can lock up the movement. I have done that one time (second hand stopped) and managed to get it running again by slapping the 9 o clock side of the watch into the palm of my hand multiple times.

The watch has no water resistance. I have seen some say it is 30m wr. It isn't. Mine at least has no seals on the pushers.

I have also seen some without a display back for sale. I have never cared about that but in this case I do because the movement is gorgeous imo.

It may sound like I am negative about this watch but I am really just putting what I know about it out. It is such a joy to wear and a bargain that I have even considered buying a second one just to have.

As far as over winding it I haven't had any problems. It is easy for me to tell when it is fully wound.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
jbglock
Centurion
Centurion

Post by jbglock »

Emilio wrote:What did you search for on Ali to find it?

I have always wanted one since they first came out. [emoji3526]

jbglock wrote:
Tanukjaju wrote:How much can you get these for? Looks like a great watch ...
[mention]Ncrich[/mention] , what is the issue with the click spring? Just weak or does it break?
I had gotten mine off of Alie Express for about $155 plus shipping. It came with a nice green nato and a brown leather strap with quick release pins. Mine is the acrylic crystal version. The sapphire crystal version wasn't much more but I had read that version has less of a dome.

I had read also that with this movement is you press the top (start/stop) pusher lightly you can lock up the movement. I have done that one time (second hand stopped) and managed to get it running again by slapping the 9 o clock side of the watch into the palm of my hand multiple times.

The watch has no water resistance. I have seen some say it is 30m wr. It isn't. Mine at least has no seals on the pushers.

I have also seen some without a display back for sale. I have never cared about that but in this case I do because the movement is gorgeous imo.

It may sound like I am negative about this watch but I am really just putting what I know about it out. It is such a joy to wear and a bargain that I have even considered buying a second one just to have.

As far as over winding it I haven't had any problems. It is easy for me to tell when it is fully wound.

#Aliexpress US $159.25 60%OFF | Top Brand Luxury Mens Mechanical 1963 Watch 38mm NATO Nylon Strap Air Force Chronograph Watches Acrylic & Sapphire Glass Clock
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dXviqQd

That is who I got mine from. I would search 1963 watch or 1963 chronograph.

Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Post by Emilio »

Thanks!
TimeLost
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Post by TimeLost »

Is this watch stainless steel including crown, pushers or is it plated? What’s the quality like? Thanks
User Builds Panel
· 3646 California Dial gone
· 3646 Kiefer Dial gone
· SpaceKX
· Aurora Australis
EP.-
VIP
VIP

Post by EP.- »

TimeLost wrote: April 14th, 2023, 4:12 am Is this watch stainless steel including crown, pushers or is it plated? What’s the quality like? Thanks
Stainless steel