New watch movement sub forum. - here by popular demand.

Share experiences and specs of different watch movements
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Re: New watch movement sub forum. - here by popular demand.

Post by Yoda »

erlendh wrote: September 25th, 2018, 6:02 am
Yoda wrote: September 21st, 2018, 12:40 pmStill, there is too much going on for my taste on these dials.
This dial wasn't too bad, reminds me of the Angelus Chronodato. I have seen a lot worse ways to put day, date, month and chrono functions on a dial. (Do not google "Navitimer", Yoda :lol:)

Anyway, lucky friend! :thumbup:
I know, I once knew a guy who had a Navitimer, it is a horrible dial - in fact the whole watch is a fucked up design
Enviado desde mi fucking Samsung S8.
Plasmon
VIP
VIP

Re: Valjoux 72C

Post by Plasmon »

Yoda wrote: September 13th, 2018, 4:49 am Found this one cheap, $150 on a local site.
A variant of Venus 178, rather than Valjoux? ... perhaps, Venus 192. In any case $150 is a super deal.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Re: Valjoux 72C

Post by Yoda »

Plasmon wrote: September 25th, 2018, 8:45 pm
Yoda wrote: September 13th, 2018, 4:49 am Found this one cheap, $150 on a local site.
A variant of Venus 178, rather than Valjoux? ... perhaps, Venus 192. In any case $150 is a super deal.
Venus 195
griffon22
Super Lost Sheep
Super Lost Sheep

Post by griffon22 »

classic, Heuer Silverstone movement. one of the earlier successful Automatic Cronograph models, with a tiny little rotor hidden under the hood, this one was broken and the Chrono functions would not work ,I had to strip off the entire top layer to get it working again ,now gone to a happy home .
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

griffon22 wrote: September 26th, 2018, 4:40 am classic, Heuer Silverstone movement. one of the earlier successful Automatic Cronograph models, with a tiny little rotor hidden under the hood, this one was broken and the Chrono functions would not work ,I had to strip off the entire top layer to get it working again ,now gone to a happy home .
Heuer Caliber 12.jpg
unreformed66
VIP
VIP

Post by unreformed66 »

Those actually aren't that bad. I like the fact that you take out the 3 blue screws and the whole top assembly comes off without taking it completely apart.
Yoda
Honorary moderator
Honorary moderator

Post by Yoda »

unreformed66 wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 3:42 pm Those actually aren't that bad. I like the fact that you take out the 3 blue screws and the whole top assembly comes off without taking it completely apart.
Yes, that was one clever solution.