Another 240 CDG, 618 and NEED HELP with this Proto Angel!

Share experiences and specs of different watch movements
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Another 240 CDG, 618 and NEED HELP with this Proto Angel!

Post by TimemiT »

I received the 240 and 618 this week ... I'm almost finished dealing with these old Corts !!! ... if it's not one thing it's another when sending these to get overhauled ... the gear pinions are worn out, or the cap jewel is loose, or there's oxidation inside the plates. It's the nature of this hobby ... so when I see a buyer (noob) try to low ball one of these high end builds, my neck tightens up!! Most old timers here know, there is a lot of background work that goes into overhauling these old movements, a lot of hours and labor.

Enjoy the images ....

>618 image I censored :D <

https://imgur.com/gsyjEtU

NEED HELP with this .... so I bought this movement in my early days (maybe 7 years ago). I remember that dude VDB drop a similar movement into a Rad case. It just sat in my box and I sent it last year to get overhauled/repaired, a movement ring made and dropped into a Radiomir 45mm case. Well, it languished and languished. Seems the main culprit was a snapped CP (probably other wear/tear issues) ... so, I guess there was no easy task in sourcing a replacement CP.

I finally just asked for it's return, a bit disappointed.

If anyone here has parts or the ability to revive this... shoot me a PM. :thumbup:

https://imgur.com/P5jBgWk
https://imgur.com/vI0TjdR

Alpacalypse Now
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Re: Another 240 CDG, 618 and NEED HELP with this Proto Angel!

Post by Tanukjaju »

Many people often ask me about the 240... it has its quirks but once you figure them out, there aren’t bad at all!

I was actually thinking of tackling my first 616 project just as a challenge and now I’m thinking twice about it.

Regarding the lemania, I do have some parts but sadly not the CP/HW. It might boil down to finding a broken movement or using this as a spare movement.
:shifty:

TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

I think we did discuss a while ago about that. The movement does come branded as Lemania as well. Not sure if Lemania made for Angelus or vice versa.

I have to believe there is some pocket watch CP and gear (or just random box of parts on Ebay) out there somewhere. I may strip it down in the near future, to practice on.
Tanukjaju wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 11:28 am Many people often ask me about the 240... it has its quirks but once you figure them out, there aren’t bad at all!

I was actually thinking of tackling my first 616 project just as a challenge and now I’m thinking twice about it.

Regarding the lemania, I do have some parts but sadly not the CP/HW. It might boil down to finding a broken movement or using this as a spare movement.
Alpacalypse Now
civic4982
VIP
VIP

Post by civic4982 »

Something to be said about just finding a running one. These movements are so finicky and when you add on aftermarket parts it makes it even trickier.

Hopefully whoever fiddled with them can help get them right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

It's the art of learning in this hobby ... even buying $1000 Cort builds from members ... only to find out the level of wear on pinions, gears and plates. When guys list "serviced and oiled" ... it is a relative term and that can range from widely.
civic4982 wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 10:38 pm Something to be said about just finding a running one. These movements are so finicky and when you add on aftermarket parts it makes it even trickier.

Hopefully whoever fiddled with them can help get them right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alpacalypse Now
nje2791
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by nje2791 »

ok, did anyone get this one? Auction just finished this morning.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/32MM-LEMANI ... 4125994541
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

I was just going to post this .... I fell asleep and missed!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32MM-LEMANIA-8 ... 7675.l2557
nje2791 wrote: March 25th, 2020, 7:07 pm ok, did anyone get this one? Auction just finished this morning.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/32MM-LEMANI ... 4125994541
Alpacalypse Now
nje2791
Watch Addict
Watch Addict

Post by nje2791 »

I thought about it and even placed some early (lower) bids but I was hesitant about it as it looked like one of the small screws in the balance assembly was loose (or at least not sitting flush). I could be wrong about that as I couldn’t quite tell from the photos. Plus I needed to leave some room for potential repair and cleaning costs, etc...
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

I was going to use it for parts ... or use mine movement to make 1 complete one ... an expensive task for sure.
nje2791 wrote: March 25th, 2020, 8:17 pm I thought about it and even placed some early (lower) bids but I was hesitant about it as it looked like one of the small screws in the balance assembly was loose (or at least not sitting flush). I could be wrong about that as I couldn’t quite tell from the photos. Plus I needed to leave some room for potential repair and cleaning costs, etc...
Alpacalypse Now
VanSong
Watch Idiot
Watch Idiot

Post by VanSong »

TimemiT wrote:I was going to use it for parts ... or use mine movement to make 1 complete one ... an expensive task for sure.
nje2791 wrote: March 25th, 2020, 8:17 pm I thought about it and even placed some early (lower) bids but I was hesitant about it as it looked like one of the small screws in the balance assembly was loose (or at least not sitting flush). I could be wrong about that as I couldn’t quite tell from the photos. Plus I needed to leave some room for potential repair and cleaning costs, etc...
Hang in there, I believe you find a better offer in the near future. I do think the ended listing price is too high just for parts. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk