Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Re: Angelus 240 SF - 2014 version with updates

Post by TimemiT »

Thank you sir for the knowledge!

I compare this watch hobby to the vintage auto hobby ... if you have ever watched Jay Leno's garage shop ... Jay collects rare autos, and for those that he does not have parts for ... his engineer/machinists construct parts based on old auto parts and models ... is that illegal?? ... I think not so! There are similar difference we have here and our master part builders like Jorge, Dave and Joe ... they keep the hobby alive!
Alpacalypse Now
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Mini Chat Squatter

I'm hot

Animal

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

Italiano addict

Good neighbour

Post by Emilio »

Well said
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

This is a great old thread ... are you bringing over all the postings? LeftyDNA posted quite a bit of nice historical information.
Alpacalypse Now
EP.-
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Skillful builder

Mad scientist

Post by EP.- »

Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Oyster eater

Post by Hidden Impact »

has anyone tried these hands from tourby? looking to see if length, color, fitment all works out in the various combinations of dial choices.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/rose-gold-hand ... %7Ciid%3A1
mykeos
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by mykeos »

Hidden Impact wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 10:25 am has anyone tried these hands from tourby? looking to see if length, color, fitment all works out in the various combinations of dial choices.

Yes,I have.Tried to age them with the classical recipe-boiled eggs in the tupperware box-and the result was rather disapointing.The plating has come off completely,and the bare metal was all that was left. :mrgreen:

They fit ok on my angelus,but they are thinner than the original and overall don't look as near as good as the gen ones.
Hidden Impact
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

Oyster eater

Post by Hidden Impact »

mykeos wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 10:40 am
Hidden Impact wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 10:25 am has anyone tried these hands from tourby? looking to see if length, color, fitment all works out in the various combinations of dial choices.

Yes,I have.Tried to age them with the classical recipe-boiled eggs in the tupperware box-and the result was rather disapointing.The plating has come off completely,and the bare metal was all that was left. :mrgreen:

They fit ok on my angelus,but they are thinner than the original and overall don't look as near as good as the gen ones.
any comments on the sub seconds? was wondering how tall and what thickness dial would work with it (not sure how long that post it). i wasn't really planning on aggressive aging so that shouldn't be an issue.

the thickness of the hands near the minute hole area is thin on most replacement/rep hands vs the original alarm or clock hands...but then the size/length isn't as long as the clocks.

how do the tourby hands stack up against the NW hands?
mykeos
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by mykeos »

Haven't seen NW hands,but regarding the sub second hand,tourby's is not tall enough for a 3 piece dial,not even close.Nw or Athaya is the way to go regarding that hand.
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Scoundrel

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

Prolific poster

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by TimemiT »

careful with the Secs hands ... I learned the hard way where I purchased 3 from Athaya because they were $15 each compared to NW which are $60+ shipping ... Athaya's secs hands are long and they overlap the tick marks on NW's 3-piece dials ... so if you have NW 3 piece dials ... you may have to fall on the sword and buy his ... or have one of our WS make one ... either way, the cost will be way more than $15

So the moral is ... not all 3 piece dial sec ticks are created equal
Alpacalypse Now
mykeos
VIP
VIP

5 year veteran

Frequent Flyer

VIP

HF veteran

8 giorni nut

Post by mykeos »

TimemiT wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 3:46 pm careful with the Secs hands ... I learned the hard way where I purchased 3 from Athaya because they were $15 each compared to NW which are $60+ shipping ... Athaya's secs hands are long and they overlap the tick marks on NW's 3-piece dials ... so if you have NW 3 piece dials ... you may have to fall on the sword and buy his ... or have one of our WS make one ... either way, the cost will be way more than $15

So the moral is ... not all 3 piece dial sec ticks are created equal
That is correct.