What We DO - reminder....

Formerly Orange Watch Co - MilSubs and more, in the spirit of the originals

email: foxint@foxint.com.au
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: What We DO - reminder....

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Cosmic - thank you. Please tell all in the the Fatherland....

The feedback on my website goes nowhere...so thanks, but....

Just as I get used to Facebook, the Kinderfocken and other young folk tell me it is for old farts - Instagramme is the new place to hang out...I will have to ask my 10-year-old - she can do it...
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

:lol: ... that is true about young folk and FB (supposedly it's for old farts now) ... there is Instagram?

However, I'll venture to say that the older folk with disposable income are going to be on FB :think:
foxint@foxint.com.au wrote: June 16th, 2018, 1:54 am Cosmic - thank you. Please tell all in the the Fatherland....

The feedback on my website goes nowhere...so thanks, but....

Just as I get used to Facebook, the Kinderfocken and other young folk tell me it is for old farts - Instagramme is the new place to hang out...I will have to ask my 10-year-old - she can do it...
Alpacalypse Now
TimemiT
Scoundrel
Scoundrel

Post by TimemiT »

Daan .. questions

1. do you build them as they are ordered ... and if yes ... are some parts interchangeable or can be selected for a build?
2. I completely understand your sealed case system ... but for regular land lubbers ... do you have a see-thru caseback option?

Thank you
Alpacalypse Now
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

MS-9411-NC-Black-02-small-small.JPG
S-125-01-Small-Small.JPG
TimemiT et. al.

Thank you for the excellent questions.

1. Do I build to Order: I am damned if I do and damned if I do not.

a) If I build to order (mostly) I lose some people who cannot wait the 6-8 weeks (bad for sales and I remain in the dog house with the wife, because she hates the watches, and this just justifies her opinion). Ultimately bad for sales

b) If I build a lot for stock, I can (yes it happens) I build the wrong configuration. I lose sales and I remain in the dog house with Beau (new dog)

c) Yes, some parts are interchangeable – but I run into problem (a). Plus their dream watch can turn south.

d) While some parts are interchangeable, the ones that most want are not….The snowflake hands on the No Date MS-5517 the lumen does not match. The newer dials (in development) are slightly larger so I am slowly being revising the hand stock.

The MS-9411-NC is an example of what “I thought” was a good use of the interchangeable parts. Sales have been a little disappointing. Yes, it looks like one of the “Hot” watches…but

Another – OWC-OWC-NC….I have not show anyone this yet….I am not sure – so be gentle with me…

e) As a business man, I need turnover, so I can introduce new things and I need to introduce new things to keep sales going…so I am sort of screwed as we go back to (a).

I am trying to keep Daz (Master Watchmaker) busy within his windows (as he is his own business) and keep the sales moving.

2. Do I have an Exhibition Back: Yes – coming

a) I am passionate about offering decent and consistent water resistance. In my sick mind 300m or 30ATM is a good compromise. The ingress of water is not strictly a function of how deep the watch is. A tumble in the surf (while only 3 metres) can impress forces many times that it would experience in still water.

b) I will compromise, somewhat.

c) Currently I am developing an Exhibition Back. Mr Chan the “Crystal Man”, is all very keen to assist, but he wants 500 of each size for me to test. My plan was to test 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 3.5mm and 4.0mm – as you know the current crystal is 4.5mm and this is good in concert with the steel back.

d) I am developing Plans B and C.

If any of you guys has a Lapping Machine (diamond embedded), I can send you some crystals and you can grind them down to the sizes and I can see at what pressure they break….All very exciting like Gomez Adams blowing up his trains in the Adams Family.

Like the 911 (that I am not really missing as “Kate the 928” – finally my 10-year-old like the name - is good), all these evolutions are will look the same but different.

Timewise (and this is playing nasty business with my OCD), I cannot be specific.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Did not make it in the post....sorry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
leeyewfei
VIP
VIP

Post by leeyewfei »

foxint@foxint.com.au wrote: June 15th, 2018, 6:43 pm I am being brave...added 2 photos - but lost one
for a moment i thought that was the crown!!!!
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha