2020-03-11-Returns or Buyer Remorse - OK - but please no lies.

Formerly Orange Watch Co - MilSubs and more, in the spirit of the originals

email: foxint@foxint.com.au
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

2020-03-11-Returns or Buyer Remorse - OK - but please no lies.

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Hi Guys

Again, I hate to say this, but due to one guy (let’s call him Dick), I must articulate my returns policy.

Dick sent his SW300-1 watch back because of timing/stopping issues (only). He demanded a replacement ASAP and suggested my personal watch of the same specifications. I obliged, and I will never do this again.

Dick now tells me the replacement (my SW300-1) has a crown setting issue. I responded to this issue in my last Newsletter. (Perhaps this is not an issue as only Dick has complained).

Dick’s watch has been on test with my watchmaker. It has not stopped and has displayed -1.77 sec/day - better than specifications. Dick is unwilling to accept this, does not want the watch back and wants a full refund. He writes long and involved responses saying that both watches are “buggered”. I gave him a full refund, as Dick knows better.

I understand that we all change our minds, and this is OK. I also understand that at times we need to suck up to the Minister of Home Affairs and these are real issues. This is also OK.

Please don’t be a Dick and insult me with lies or blaming the product.

The Returns policy is detailed on the website http://www.orangewatchcompany.com/warra ... ns-policy/). If you change your mind for any reason, Spouse Disapproval, Financial, Buyer Remorse or any other reason this is OK. We will remain mates and we move on.

(In response to the Dick Issue, I am temporarily withdrawing the SW300-1 and considering the manufacture of new crowns. I have 8 MS-9411-GD-Special’s with the SW300-1 8mm crown in the no crown guard cases. You may wish to make me an offer on a no returns basis. If not, they will get repurposed when/if new crowns arrive.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
chrislovessushi
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

Re: 2020-03-11-Returns or Buyer Remorse - OK - but please no lies.

Post by chrislovessushi »

I’m sorry to hear about your Dick issues :lol:
Tanukjaju
Village Whore
Village Whore

Post by Tanukjaju »

Wow Dan, this is a really sad. There are so many considerations to be made when you build a watch. I have encountered a similar problem in the past with a vintage build. The setting lever spring was the strongest I had ever encountered and it resulted in my having to try different crowns before finally deciding to adjust the angle of the setting lever spring so that the crown spring would be stronger than the setting lever.

Just in case I can swing it.... how much is the Dick’s no return watch for sale for? I gave my last OWC watch to my best buddy when I was visiting Singapore last year. He’s diving with it....definitely using the watch the way it was meant to be used.
:shifty:

foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Guys – Thank you.

There are always Dicks around. While I should have deducted the shipping, fees and my watchmakers (Daz) time. He is a Dick and not worth arguing with, as Dicks always have the last word. So, I paid him, (in full) and will never see him again.

I have sent some feelers out for new crowns (7.0mm and 8.0mm). Crossing fingers not too expensive and not too long time wise.

Thank you.

I have 8 x MS-9411-GD-Special. Dick’s is the Bond Snowflake as per the photo. As it was a mistake, Daz is in the process of putting on the proper hands (Mercedes).

Tanujaju - Let me know soon as I will tell Daz to hold off….

Price…make me an offer I cannot refuse. Could not be fairer than that….?

Email is quickest. foxint@foxint.com.au
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au