email: foxint@foxint.com.au
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

2020-03-06-Watches with SW300-1 Chronometre Grade Movement

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Hi Guys

Screw down Crown.

OWC make small numbers of high-quality bespoke hand assembled watches. Like hand made cars, Toyota consistency is impossible. All bespoke watches have some inconsistencies and idiosyncrasies. Some call these benefits.

I hate to say this, but due to one comment (we listen).

The OWC Super Compressor case has a screwed down crown with a spring. The force required to engage the crown is a function of the spring rate and the resistance offered by the setting spring on the movement.

Simply put the SW300-1 setting spring is stronger than the crown spring

This in no way affects the operation or function of the watch it is just different. In terms of quality it takes a firm hand and reassuring clunk to close a Mercedes S-class door, while a Hyundai/Skoda has a far different experience.

All that is required is a firm push and may necessitate the crown threading being initiated to allow the stem to seat.

It is an idiosyncrasy of the stem/crown relationship. I hope you can understand. We try our best. We will be reviewing the Crown spring rate as part of the OWC evolutionary development.

Here is a sample of movements and Crowns we examined at our facility, showing force in grams.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: 2020-03-06-Watches with SW300-1 Chronometre Grade Movement

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Mate – thank you. Daz and I will sit down (over the phone) and discuss.

In the meantime, I have reached out to a couple of parts makers (one in Switzerland and one in Japan) to see if they can assist. It is all part of the OWC Evolution. It was always planned, but sometimes my hand is forced.

I am really hoping the Japanese come through. Nothing against the Swiss, it just diversifies my supply line. Mine is probably more diverse than most small makers.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au