foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

2019-08-04: New Snowflake-Is Alive

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Hi

The first review of the New Snowflake is out

https://ultracrepidarian.phfactor.net/2 ... ive-watch/

The new Snowflakes are going out the door slowly. The response is good, and I should have done this earlier.

As noted, this is the top of the movement tree (as good as it gets without the COSC swing tag – only available to Swiss companies) – without going esoteric (like VMF). This movement that I have seen testing for some months continues to keep excellent time.

Just to recap: the watch comes with shipping, precision screwdrivers, extra screw bars, cufflinks and a 0.999 silver coin.

I have been watching the John Wick Movies with Keanu Reeves. Love the Ford Mustang Mach 1 and love their use of gold coins to make things “right”. The OWC Chronos coin sort of fits…

The watch ships with the puzzle box, but I should have the next prototype of a new box by end of next week. It follows the usual OWC over engineering. But we will see.

The WT-1884 is slowly coming together. I did not like the original dials that arrived last week, so I am making some modifications

OWC continues to focus on evolutionary development or as the Japanese call it, “Kaizen”. I printed some new bracelet links at a mates’ place and there will be some modifications to the bracelet. Movements remain very much on my mind.

Seems like form over function is the reality these days. With some preferring to spend more money on a watch with an ETA2824-2 rather than the OWC fitted with a Soprod. Unhappy as I am, I will be dropping the Soprod when supplies run out and focus on the Sellita SW300-1 all but Chronometre movement.

There are other better movements out there (like VMF) and I am remaining focused on a new watch with a new movement. Being only one man living with 3 daughters, a wife and 2 miniature poodles, life can get complicated.

Bowie (used to be Beau, but my wife changed it) and Buddy – the Yin and Yang of my life. They both prefer to sit and sleep on my office chair.

(OWC continues to revise and evolve its designs, parts, production methods and pricing to reflect current conditions. OWC reserves the right to change specifications and pricing without notice.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: 2019-08-04: New Snowflake-Is Alive

Post by Emilio »

They are cute and the watch looks fantastic.
civic4982
VIP
VIP

Post by civic4982 »

Rocking review of this watch and a nice package setup with the coin to boot!

Congrats on releasing the next iteration and sorry
To hear about the need to change your approach to the movements.
tafari
VIP
VIP

Post by tafari »

nice watch and a great review
leeyewfei
VIP
VIP

Post by leeyewfei »

love it! time to start my OWC collection.
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha