Formerly Orange Watch Co - MilSubs and more, in the spirit of the originals

email: foxint@foxint.com.au
foxint@foxint.com.au
Sponsor
Sponsor

2018-12-12 – Happy Christmas & a Question

Post by foxint@foxint.com.au »

Hello Everyone.

Wishing you and your family all the best for Christmas and the holiday season. We celebrated Sinterklaas with Opa (my Dad and the girls’ grandfather). Dad was very dramatic (he is dying from cancer) saying this will be the last time we will see him. In reality (I hope) he will last a lot longer and remain a thorn in our lives…ha-ha.

The New Snowflake is moving forward, all but the movements and the box. But not all positive news.

I ordered and paid a 33.33% deposit on 2018-10-10 for the new movements. You “have to love” the Swiss, they consider the order “open” and they have “regrettably” increased the price we had negotiated. Call me strange, but I find this unprofessional – but what can you do?

The OWC 999 Silver coin has hit a major problem.

I have been open and transparent with the Assay Office in Birmingham. I sent a sample for Certification, Authentication, and Hallmarking. I registered a Hallmark (all good and the coin passed), and it is on its way here. All very exciting, it will have 3 Hallmarks: Silver Purity – 999; Birmingham Mark; Makers Mark – the agreed to “FOCK” …brilliant. It is now certified as Investment Grade.

BUT - Now they tell me I will be pay VAT 20% and import Duty. WTF…The work around is they need to apply to HM Customs for an IP Registration (Inward Processing). The Swiss do this all the time, as they receive watches from all over the world and stamp Swiss Made and then magically, they become Swiss Made.

Easy – NO: The Assay Office does not provide this service and will not apply for an IP Registration.

I have a similar registration here in Australia called TradeX. Provided I export all the goods I import there is no VAT or Duty – works well.

Is there any Brit out there who knows how a colonial (non-UK resident) can get an IP Registration or a company who offers this service.??? Or a European, as I can get the coin hallmarked in the Nederlands.

Back to Plan B: I have purchased the very excellent Pressburg Mint Chronos 2019 Legal Tender 999 Silver Coin in Brilliant Uncirculated finish - http://www.pressburgmint.com/chronos-2019. This is an exciting and very limited mintage coin that should have great investment potential, especially when the SHTF – I keep reading both in the US and Australia the Shit (will) Hit The Fan, it is only a matter of time. Then there is Brexit…OMG.

I think the coin links well with OWC, our location and our vision for quality and value. Plus, it will last forever and still have value when a rubber band will be falling apart.

Disappointed with the Assay Office and the Swiss – yes. But as with everything we do, adversity is just an opportunity to make it better. We continue to revise, develop and evolve our products.

We wish you all the very best for the festive season.

[Specifications subject to change without notice.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Met vriendelijke groeten / With best regards
Daan/Dan
foxint@foxint.com.au
Emilio
Doom Slayer
Doom Slayer

Re: 2018-12-12 – Happy Christmas & a Question

Post by Emilio »

Can't help you with the question but Merry Christmas!
Piloten
VIP
VIP

Re: 2018-12-12 – Happy Christmas & a Question

Post by Piloten »

I don't even know what the question means, so this is a free bump to bring it to the top.