FAQ, please read

NOTE: Joe is still catching up with pending work, so we advise to wait until everything is settled.

Parts design and fabrication

https://facebook.com/pages/category/Jew ... 968187295/
neckyzips
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

FAQ, please read

Post by neckyzips »

Basic Information and FAQ's

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and see what I have to offer!

First a bit about what I do:
I fabricate custom one off parts; replacement/upgrade parts, custom dials, engravings, etc; modified cases, complete builds, and tools for the vintage enthusiast.

Each part is hand made and each case is hand shaped by me, as of yet nothing is outsourced, though new products and increased volume may necessitate using an outside contractor.

New parts: new products will be listed when they are ready for production. If I am not posting them they are not ready for sale, I strive to have all my products be the absolute best they can be, so they perform the way they should when you receive them.

Custom parts: orders are welcome and encouraged, they are fun to make but keep in mind they are very time consuming and may take longer than production parts to complete.

Custom Work - Mods, Fabrication, Service, etc.:
If you are requesting any custom work that will require you to send me parts to install or modify:

Please email any images in either a format compatible with Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc... or in JPEG or TIF format.

neckyzips@gmail.com

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to include your screen name on ALL emails, packages, etc... If you are sending me a package please print out the order and send it with the package. This is very important. If I receive a package without the printed order with your screen name, I will not know what it is and your parts will get put at the end of the line, creating all of us a lot of headache...[/SIZE][/u]

Turnaround Time: all orders are done in the order they come in, except in cases where "runs" of items need to be made to simplify the process. (note, i am only one person, this work takes time, these are just average times, some projects take much longer for various variables)
case orders are at least two months from the time of order. Small parts may be a few days to several weeks depending on the amount of back log. Custom builds:
custom builds normally require arranging for new cases, or parts from all over the world, these take time to find, order, and receive. a special piece with gen parts could take up to a year to complete.

How to Order:

1) Please send an email to neckyzips@gmail.com, please make sure to provide me with the fowling information:
-Screen Name
-Complete shipping info.
-Phone number
-Email address
2) You will receive an order conformation via email, with payment instructions. please review this to make sure it is correct.
3) If you are sending a piece for me to work on, please print this conformation and include it with the shipment.

Payment and deposit information: I accept pp, Zelle (conus),and personal checks (conus and hold till clear), wire transfers on orders exceeding 1000.00 dollars. I prefer the US Dollar though may accept Pounds Sterling and Euros if prior arrangements are made.
Please make payments via paypal via the option on your invoice, gift is no longer excepted, so please add the 4%.
Deposits, normally when doing a build the parts you send are deposit enough, if a deposit is needed it will be noted on your invoice, any payment PRIOR to the completion of the project is considered a deposit and nonrefundable, i will not refund your payment because you changed your mind or are no into watches anymore.
Pleas wait till your project is complete or you have a finial invoice before submitting payments unless otherwise noted.

Shipping information
CONUS - here in the USA our postal service is coupling with FedEx to make it unrealistic for a small shop to ship internationally, the prices continue to increase shipping quotes will be on your invoice.
Everything shipped via priority flat rate box. Shipping takes aprox 7-14 days to most countries. while there is typically tracking on these it stops once it leaves the US If you require tracking, the cost is very expensive, but available (approx $50)
registered mail is the most secure way to ship conus or internationally, keep in mind insurance is typically a waste of money since they are not going to pay out 2k for a replica watch.

Contact information & hours:
7am-10am EST M-Th is the best time to catch me online i will no longer be working weekends, and emails will only be replied to during the mornings, unless we have an ongoing conversation that needs attention.

Warranty:
All complete watch builds (I build you a watch from scratch) will carry a one year warranty for workmanship defects.

Examples of what is covered:
-The movement stopped working
-The hands fell off
-The crown guard fell off
-Crown/tube came out
-Crystal popping out is covered (Breaking or Cracking, not covered)

Examples of what is NOT covered:
-Vintage movements
-Keyless works b/c they WILL be working when they leave my shop
-Obvious mistreatment
-Breaks or cracks to any parts
This list is just to give you guidance and does not cover ALL possible examples. If you have a specific question regarding warranty, please inquire BEFORE purchasing.

Any evidence of mistreatment will void said warranty.

NOTE REGARDING REFUNDS:
-SHIPPING:
i hate to add this, as it is generally accepted that loss in shipping is not covered, and is on you if its lost, some countries are bad about
taking things in customs, that is out of my control. once the package is left at the shipper I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT HAPPENS TO
IT. losing packages during shipping is part of the game, its a chance you take. i will not refund your purchase because it was lost in
shipping.

i make every effort possible to circumvent customs checks, (this is not my first redo so to speak) i fully understand how it works and
writing replica rolex on the customs form or anything watch related is a sure fire way to get it sized.
same note, customs has an affinity for coin shaped objects, (coins are illegal to ship) so dials are subject to seizure, so those are listed as dials or metal disks, etc. also if it has a customs label on a dial it is likely to catch someone's eye. i have ordered some metal boxes to disguise the dials to help with this. to my knowledge dials are the only packages i have ever lost.

-SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS:
-if i can not find shipping info payment receipt etc (not tracking as some do not have tracking)
i will send a replacement part ONE TIME
-GENERAL REFUNDS:
-there are NO refunds for mind changes, or because you found someone else to do it, or because you do not think it should take as long as
it does, etc. (at any given time i have 50 or so projects in house, things take time.
-parts that do not function properly, every effort is made so parts are plug and play, but due to the variation of suppliers of rep products
some parts are off a bit here and there. i can only make sure they work if i have all parts in the build in hand.

NOTE REGARDING PARTS:
Although my parts are fabricated to fit in standard cases and are the highest quality available today, they may need some fitting to your particular situation, not all parts are plug_and_play.

I offer these parts with this in mind for the do-it-yourselfer. If you have a question about your particular watch, I offer custom modification and service to custom fit my parts to your watch case/movement. If in doubt, I would suggest sending it in to be properly fitted. That way, I can personally shape the parts to your case, ensuring the best fit.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this FAQ. As always I am happy to answer questions, give advice, help with sorting issues with your projects, when you need it,
independent of my services.
Neckyzips (NZ)